Chapter 17: Meeting You Again

Amity Pov:

I kept staring at the clock as the seconds went by, 5 more minutes until my break. Another customer entered the room, I know that by hearing the bell by the door. 

I couldn't be bothered to look at the customer.

"Hello Amity, long time no see"

"What? How did they know-" I thought to myself as I looked down, it was my mother.

"O-odalia?"

"You dare to call your mother that?" my eyebrows furrowed "You were never a mother to me" my teeth gritted.

Odalia's eyes widened then her hand slammed onto the table, I flinched at the sudden loud sound. 

"You will NOT speak to me like this, do you understand" 

"No! I will not let you control my life any further"

"Look ever since you left I couldn't control you, right? I was looking after you! And now you're working in a Subway, you're a blight for crying out loud! You're giving the family's name a bad reputation, I'm so disappointed in you"

 my eyes started to water.

"I can't believe I gave birth to this useless piece of-"

"Hey!" I heard a voice said,  I swiftly turned my head to see..

LUZ?!

"Luz?"

"Amity is NOT useless, you have no right to tell her that, she's the most amazing person I've ever known to be exact, she's better than you'll ever be I bet" Luz took a step forward, furrowing her eyebrows.

 My stomach did flips, does she really mean that?

"You.." my mother gritted her teeth, I raised an eyebrow. "You two know each other?" I asked out of confusion.

"I guess you can say that" Luz's eyes shot at Odalia who was just standing there, like an idiot!

Odalia sighed "I stopped at her 'workspace' earlier, now how do you know each other?" asked back.

"she's-"

"She's my girlfriend" I interrupted Luz.

"What?! Girlfriend? Oh that won't do, maybe I could find another man for you, any boy is better than that.." she side eyed at Luz.

"Every 'man' you find acts like a complete child! Or they sexual  harass me, touch me and call me fucking pet name I do NOT like. If I tell you about this, you just brush it off saying 'it's just normal behaviour' or 'they can't help themselves' shut the FUCK up" I ranted.

"Amity.. they're men, they don't know any better, you just have to put up with it-" Odalia explained but Luz cut her off.

"Well maybe men should know better, what do their parents teach them, huh?" Luz stepped in front of the counter, blocking Odalia's vision on me.

"Amity you can have your lunch break now-.. what's happening out here?" My boss stepped in.

"Oh! Please sir help me! They're both harassing me!" Odalia screamed, what a bitch!

"No Elijah trust me, she's the one who's harassing us!" I explained to him.

Elijah looked at Luz, she nodded "Yes she was being rude to Amity!" 

"Check the cameras if you don't believe-" I was cut off by his hand in front of my face, signaling me to stop talking. I needed this job so I listened to him.