Chapter 12: The Visit To You

Luz POV:

My mum? Why would she text me? She is one of the reasons that I wanted to move out. I only act that I care about her.

I hate that shes so unsupportive, I came out bisexual to her a long time ago, thinking she would support me but she just laughed at my face. Like it was a joke to her!

Flashback:

My 14 year old self gathered all the courage to finally tell my mum that I'm not straight. But my sister, Lucia got kicked out for that so I was really nervous.

"Mama? Can you come to the living room? I need to tell you something"

She poked her head out of the kitchen door frame.  She sat down on the couch, confused. "Mija what is this? A game?"

"No mum, I have... Something to tell you and.. It has been in my mind for a really long time I-" 

I stopped myself. What if she doesn't believe me? Oh titan this is so stressful.

"Mija get to the point, the tamales are gonna get cold"I let out a sigh and mustered up all of my courage. This is the day, today is the day. Just tell her!

"IthinkIlikegirls!"

"¿disculpe? Lo siento, no escuché eso."

"Excuse me? Sorry I didn't hear that"

"I think I'm.. Bisexual"

She held her stomach and started laughing.

"Oh mija, you're so funny! How do you come up with this stuff? Anyways tamales are on the table if you're hungry"

She walked off  laughing her head off, leaving me there, frustrated.

How could she not get it? 

How could she possibly get that THIS is not a joke?

Coming out is not some funny joke.

All of that courage is fucking wasted.

All of me feeling nervous was all for nothing.

I rushed into my room and called Lucia, my sister.Not long after she picked up.

"Hey Luz, what's up?" she asked.

"I- Um I have a question"

"What is it Luz? What's wrong? Did someone at school bully you? Oh if it's that pink bitch I swear-"

"NO! Um it's actually about mum... Why is she so mean after dad died?"

Lucia sighed "I don't know Luz, we all are grieving Luz.... We all are"

"But I don't get it? Why did mum change into this... Person? I like the old mum better!" I yelled but not too loud so that my mum could hear me.

"Sorry Luz but I have to go, catch you later?"

"Okay, Byeeeee!" I hung up. I looked at my plain white door, It had nothing on it. I was thinking of adding a Bi flag sticker in the middle of it if my mum supported me.

But I guess that idea is scrapped now.

I held my pillow to my face and screamed in it. It felt good to let it all out.

END OF FLASHBACK

I sighed, I missed Lucia, I haven't seen her in a while.

I wonder what she's doing right now....