Letter

If you don't want to give comment, do vote, please. Thank you!

**

Samaira walked down the hospital corridor with a restless heart. Her eyes searched through every door, looking for her grandfather who was admitted to the ICU. She was at home when she received a call from the Army headquarters. She informed Birju first because he was the only friend she had. Ridant did not tell her that he was going to London. She found it through a paparazzi account on instagram who caught him and his mother at London Heathrow. She tried to call him a few times but he apparently had changed his number. He blocked all access she had to him. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, everything. Same thing happened to Birju. They could not make contact with Ridant in any way. Not anymore. Their friendship ended just like that, without reasons and goodbyes.

She finally found her dadaji. He was awake when she came in. He threw a weak smile at her, making her break down to tears and immediately run to hug him. Rajpal was the only family she had. After the demise of her mother and her dadiji, and then the disappearance of her father, Rajpal took responsibility for her and took care of her like his own. Actually, they took care of each other. She would not let anyone come closer to harm him. Neither did he to her.

Dada, maine kaha tha na?* Don't get too hard on your work,” She said, still sobbing. Rajpal could only caress her back, trying to calm her down.

“I don't. Just my bad luck. Sorry for making you worried,” They let go of the longing hug after some time. Rajpal could see fear and worries through his granddaughter’s eyes. He knew how afraid she was to lose another family member after all they went through. He only needed to keep alive to put a smile on this pretty girl's face.

“I thought I was going to lose you,” Samaira wiped off the tears from her eyes.

“Every soldier has already bounded death in his oath. It's just a matter of time and reason. The thing we should do is to appreciate every second we spend.”

Rajpal took the next few minutes to assure her that he was okay. He was only too shocked to see Samar’s Uncle Gurdeep mission take a twist turn. Before Samaira reached there, General Trivedi paid him a visit and gave him a letter. He told him that Samar's mission was declared successful. The letter contained high-risk intelligence that could be evidence of the military scandal they had been spying on. He said Samaira should be the first one reading the letter. He kept it in a drawer near the bed and asked her to pick it up.

Samaira did as she was told. The letter was wrapped by a dull envelope with barely-seen handwriting. It said, ‘Don't open it before 28th March 2023 11:10 am.’ She assumed it was written with a pencil and someone was trying to destroy it. There was a small tear mark at the edge of the envelope with dried soil residue. She looked up to her dadaji again in a confused look.

“A greeting from General Trivedi. It's strictly for you only,” Rajpal said while smiling through his pale face.

“I don't understand. What is this letter about?” Samaira leafed through the letter carefully. She looked for any details that might lead her to a clear conclusion. But there was nothing in it except the order.

“He said it will answer your question about your father. But you have to carry out the order. Otherwise it won't have meanings.”

Samaira nodded, obeying the grandfather. She saved it in her purse just as Birju appeared at the door. She smiled at him and then invited him in. Rajpal watched his face carefully, trying to remember his name.

“You're Birju, right? The actress Mahika Dhawan's son?” He asked while checking him out. Birju nodded politely while showing him a smile.

Dada, don't give him that look, please,” Samaira said.