Prologue

Nothing is more pleasing than living in dreams. The wind might now blow towards the west, but the direction of your footsteps is up to you to decide. If the west is not your destination then why do you let the wind take you there? Do you find your dreams there? No? Then stop following it.

But what if the wind was actually the compass? Albatrosses fly with the wind and always reach their destination. What if you are the one who lets yourself get lost? What made you so sure about going against the wind? Dream? Hope? Or... desire?

The four people in this story: Ruhani, Mahika, Samar and Darshan; move against the wind to follow their passions. They no longer believed in the wind that had brought them to the brink of destruction. They believe in the laws of nature. All are struggling to stay alive. Nothing is more important than your own life. To hell with the others. Somehow, they have to be part of the victory.

Get your popcorn ready. Their battle against the wind was just about to begin.

**

“Hi darling. Are you ready to go?” Ruhani asked him while pressing her phone to the ear. Her house maids are pedicuring her nails which are shiny with peach red paint.

“I am having breakfast. Leaving in five minutes. How about you?”

“Soon. Just need to do a few more things.” Ruhani bit her lower lip smiling. Even the man's voice managed to make her heart beat faster. Her eyes stared at the pool water that reflected the morning sun.

“I really miss you. Jaldi aaja, na?” She continued. She heard a chuckle from the other side.

“Sure, honey. Certainly. See you there, okay? I love you."

With those words, they hang up the call. Ruhani squeezed her phone with a thousand butterflies in her heart. She told the maids to stop their work then got up from her seat. She intended to quickly pack up her things and head to the harbor, the place where she would meet the man after a long time. The man she had loved for over six years.

She was drowned so far in her world that she did not pay attention to her steps. She flew to the seventh sky but reality suddenly brought her back. She bumped into someone's body. Her head hit the chest of a man who was looking at her sharply. She did not have to look up to see who it was. She already knew the answer.

“You still want to go?” Asked the man. Ruhani just scoffed and was about to turn away. But the man grabbed her first.

“Answer me.” The man forced her to speak. Ruhani winced as her wrist started to hurt.

“Are you out of your mind? I have asked you to stay because of Vihaan. He is just a baby, Ruhi. He still needs you.”

“Let me go!” Ruhani released the grip on her hand. She stared at the brown-skinned man arrogantly.

“I have asked your mother to look after Vihaan while I was away. Stop minding my business.” She said as she walked away.

“You are a married woman, Ruhani Chopra. You are mine. Remember that.”

Ruhani laughed. She turned around only to stare at her husband with mockery. “Making me yours is not just about putting sindoor in my hair and sleeping with me, Mr. Chopra. There is satisfaction that needs to be fulfilled and you failed to do that.”

There was no answer. The husband, Virat Chopra, could only let out a heavy sigh. Ruhani walked freely to her room to change clothes. The next one week would be the best days of her life.

**

On the other side of town, Samar finished his breakfast quickly. He hurriedly changed clothes, brushed his teeth, and sprayed his favorite perfume all over his body. He looked at himself in the mirror one more time before finally dragging his suitcase out of the house. His driver who had been waiting swiftly opened the car door for him. They immediately sped toward the harbour.