The Reunion

Darshan leaned on the deck looking at the sea. The seagulls squawked to sing a farewell song for him. He will soon be far away from his city. Leaving his glamorous life behind. He knew it was just a simple cruise ship party for a week and after that he would go back again. But somehow he felt it was going to be different. He will meet Mahika, the woman who once gave him butterflies in his chest every time they met. It has been so long since the last time he saw her. He could not wait to see her again. He waited for her nervously with heart beating fast.

Someone patted him on the shoulders. He turned his head in anticipation, afraid that it was going to be the woman whom he had been thinking about since then. As soon as he saw the face, he sighed in disappointment.

Samar took off his glasses and lifted his head, asking his buddy what was bothering him. Darshan just shook his head and gave him a brother hug. He knew what would make him cheer up again.

“I met Mahika down there. She will be up here soon.”

“How did you know I think about her?”

Samar shrugged off. “Because you impossibly think about Ruhani, do you?”

The two friends laughed together. Darshan punched Samar's shoulders playfully. “How are you, mate?”

Comme çi, comme ça. You?”

“Same.”

They talked about their lives, catching up with what they left three years ago. Samar was sent to Paris in 2019 to have joint training with The French Special Force. The day before he left was the last time they met. So much has happened during those years that they need to feel the gap by sharing stories. They talked about family, business, the nation, and their affairs with the actresses.

“The steamy relationship is still going on?! I thought that was merely gossip.” Darshan exclaimed in shock, causing Samar to put his finger on his lips.

“Keep your voice low!” Samar glared at his mate. He is scared if someone hears them and then reports him to his superior. He is not ready to be executed. He had to make a lot of calls to clear the news about him and Ruhani. He could not imagine what would happen if they got caught once again.

Arre yaar, why risk it all for an affair? Just let her go.”

Samar glared at him. “You shut up. You took exactly five years to come out of your affair. That too I doubt it.”

“Well, I realized earlier it will not take me anywhere. It will not benefit me much. My family is the only one that matters.”

“Sounds like hypocrisy to me.” Samar smirked as he threw his gaze to the sea. “You are here waiting for Mahika like you used to. You crave for her presence. You still do.”

Darshan stared at his friend for a moment. Samar is right. He could not say anything because it is true. He was so sure when he left her for his family. He believed the decision was the best for both of them. But here he is now finding himself looking at every person coming to the ship to find her.

“Excuse me, gentlemen?”

A beautiful woman stood behind them. Those big eyes and the thick lips are enough for them to recognize her. Despite the woman displaying her best smile, both of the men have different expressions on their faces. Darshan turned back at the sea while Samar smiled widely at her.

“Ruhani? Hey,” He tried as best as he could to not sound so excited. The heart fluttered with happiness and a big relief breath as he finally could see her again. 

“Major,” Ruhani smiled at him. “Long time no see. How are you?”

Darshan pulled out his phone to check on some messages. Airpods were plugged on his ears. He does not want to hear the conversation happening behind his back. The formality made him fed up. Everyone has already knew about their relationship although Ruhani is trying to hide it. He knew behind everyone's back, these two would suck and fuck each other. Soon, he entered a world where he could not find anything but her. Mahika Singhania.