Mama Dream - Kiddos

Start from the beginning

...

That night I woke up to feeling Blue upset. He must've had another nightmare. This is quite common, as his nightmares are usually based on what happened in his au. I grabbed some melatonin and then some milk out of the mini fridge in my room. I poured it into a cup and walked out to Blue's room.

"You okay, Bluebell?" I asked quietly. He looked up at me and shook his head. I placed things on his nightstand and sat on his bed beside him.

He hugged me. I picked him up and placed him on my lap, hugging him.

"Was it about your au again?" Blue nodded against my chest. "Don't worry. You're safe now. I'll protect you." I kissed his skull. "Do you want the melatonin?" He nodded.

I gave him it and the milk. Once he was done, I laid us both back down, holding Blue close still. I could feel that he was feeling better. We laid together until Blue fell asleep. Then I got up to check on Ink. I gave Blue another little kiss on the skull before walking out to check on Ink. He was sitting up in bed, blankly staring at the wall.

"Ink?" He turned to me and seemed upset. "Did you have a nightmare too?"

"No. I just can't sleep."

"I'll be right back." I went into my room and got some water and another melatonin. I came back in and sat in the edge of his bed. "This is melatonin. It'll help you sleep." I explained. He took it and the water when I handed it to him. Once he drank it I took the cup back. "Want me to stay with you?" Ink shook his head.

"Thank you Dream." I patted his head.

"Anytime." I kissed Ink's skull. I think that shocked him, because he froze.

I laughed and laid him down, pulling his blanket up for him.

"Goodnight, Ink."

...

Nightmares are quite common. I don't mind it. Both of these kids have been through so much. Ink's healed from his bruises and I got him some new clothes. Turns out he loves colors now that he's used to them. Blue is doing pretty good when he's awake, but still has some night terrors.

About once or twice a week now, I'm used to having to get up and going to comfort my kids. I don't mind. I love them too much to mind. Especially after everything they've been through. I just bring them some melatonin, a drink, and cuddle them until they're comfortable. I can stay with them for hours.

Right now I'm with Blue. He's falling asleep against my chest at about 11 pm. They go to bed at 8:30. I felt myself slipping into the grips of sleep too. I shut my eyes and held Blue close.

Then the most bone rattling scream rang through the house. I shot up and jumped out of bed. It was coming from Ink's room—actually, I think it was Ink screaming.

I slammed open his door and saw the little skeleton cowering on his bed. He was clawing at his eyes and muttering. I climbed onto the bed and tried to grab Ink, but he kicked me away, by now I could tell he was pleading.

"Pl-please! M-make it st-stop! I'm sorry!" He pleaded as he continued clawing at his eyes.

"Ink! Ink, it's just bad dream! Please wake up!" I needed to grab him, but he was freaking out too much.

I eventually grabbed his legs and pulled him onto my lap. This caused him to scream bloody murder. That's when I noticed the negativity. This wasn't a normal nightmare, and I had to forcefully end it or wait until he was done. I grabbed Ink's skull and used my magic to fend off the negativity and make Ink wake up. He awoke with a jolt and looked around.

"It's okay, don't worry." I cooed to him. He rested on my chest. I laid back and held Ink close. He began crying against my chest. "Want to talk about it?"

"N-n-no..."

"Okay then." I replied.

That negativity though. That was Nightmare's. It had to be. Especially since I had to forcefully wake Ink. But why? I need to ask him. How? Simple. The Dreamscape. It's where we can change dreams and nightmares. Also the only place where we can't physically kill each other.

I stayed with Ink until he calmed down, but it was clear he wouldn't be sleeping again. I needed to talk to Nightmare though. He can't just do that. I picked up Ink and went to Blue's room. Blue was on his bed, clearly worried.

"Blue, you protect Ink until I come back, okay? I trust you can do that." He nodded, accepting his role. "Thank you. I love you both." I kissed both of their skulls and I went to my room where I promptly face planted on my bed and entered the Dreamscape.

Nightmare was sitting on his side silently as I entered.

"Brother!" I shouted. He raised his head, acknowledging my presence. "Why are you giving my kids nightmares?" I asked. He didn't reply. I could tell he was upset. "Answer me, Nightmare!"

"It's not fair." He finally said quietly, his tentacles swaying a bit.

"How?"

"You give your kids good dreams all the time. Why not mine?"

"I can't reach your's, brother. There's too much negativity."

"Are you sure?"

"I am." Nightmare put his face in his hands at my reply.

"I may have to...I may have to give them up for adoption then."

I was shocked. Nightmare loves his kids. He wouldn't do that unless he had no other viable option.

"Is it truly that bad?" I asked.

"I can't make dreams good and I can't fend off that many bad things. They're miserable and constantly scared." I felt Nightmare get angry. "IT'S NOT FAIR!" He whipped around the face me as he stood up. "How come you get everything good?! I just want my kids."

"I'm sorry brother." I said.

"If I move, you'll know where I am along with everyone else in the multiverse. But my kids are miserable. But they're all I have. They'll hate me either way though. I need something to take my anger out on. And what's better than your kids? With their perfect little stupid dreams."

"That's not nice! Leave them alone!"

"Why?"

"Because they have a chance to have a good life. Let them have that."

That seemed to get to Nightmare.

"...Fine. But let me allow to give you nightmares when I'm upset."

"Okay. Once a week?"

"Once a week. Maybe twice."

"Fine."

Nightmare sat back down, turning away once more. I sighed.

"I love you brother." I said before leaving. I got up and went back to check on Ink and Blue. They were curled up together and asleep under Blue's blankets. I smiled. I walked up to them and laid behind Ink. I kissed their skulls once more and slipped into sleep.

I had a nightmare and scared my kiddos. They comforted me.

I love them so much.

...

Now it's just my weekly nightmare. I don't know how my brother is doing, he refuses to give me more updates. Ink is doing better. Turns out his nightmare was about his old au and me dying. Good to know he cares, but I wish I found out another way. Blue never had one of those, but he always helped me and Ink out.

Even if I have to live through seeing Night get corrupted again once a week, it's worth it if these two never have to go through those types of nightmares again. I also combined Ink and Blue's rooms as they seem to be happier together.

I'll always protect them.

———————————————————————

2061 words