019.

"......." The hallway is quiet, only your footsteps can be heard.

'An empty room...?' You look around the white room while feeling curious on what's going to happen.

"-!" A ball was suddenly shot towards you which you caught perfectly.

You stand in the center of the square room, confused. You stare at the hologram in front of you, wondering what its purpose is.

Suddenly, the panels behind the holograms reflect a goal net. You notice that the image on the ground is moving. Its area is gradually decreasing.

"!" You realised the situation.

Apparently, inside the square room is a simulation of a soccer game.  To be precise, the situation simulated is a player who is right in front of the goalkeeper. And, without moving an inch beyond the image projected on the ground, you must be able to score a goal after the other.

After assessing the situation, You attempt to score a goal.

"Huh?" Your eyes widened.

You used your precious fast right leg kick and yet, the hologram managed to block it.

'Just what type of monster goal keeper has that man created...' Your eyes narrowed.

You must get serious to pass round one.

The hologram in front of you is a pro level goal keeper.

After a while, you look up in the square room. There you notices a screen with a timer. Written on a screen is the number of goals you have to clear and the time you have left.

During this moment, you need to score 100 goals in less than 90 minutes to clear the first stage. With that said, the first stage is a test to evaluate the player's ego during solo fights, particularly when in front of the goal.

Likewise, this stage emphasizes the necessity for a powerful weapon.

For you to clear the first stage, you must pass by relying on your skills alone.

Shortly after, a panel from the square room opens. This signaled an incoming ball.

You look at the ball, assessing its trajectory and speed.

Without making unnecessary movements, you run towards the spot where you predicted the ball will stop.

Then, as the ball approaches your reach, with a swift of a kick, you shoot the ball in the goal.

Goal!

The more you shoot, the more you feel like this round is annoyingly easy.

That is, until you scored 30 goals.

With 85 minutes left, you still needs to score 70 more goals.

Surprisingly, several holograms suddenly appeared, making scoring much more difficult.

"Oh?" You raise your eyebrow as a ball is shoot towards you.

The increase in holograms simulates a situation where there would be several defenders. In a sense, an actual soccer game actually has several defenders.

"Defenders that won't move..." You aimed at a certain spot to shoot.

"Are useless." You kick the ball in the goal.

Well, you were definitely happier to see the defending holograms moving after scoring 9 more goals.

One of the panels opens up, signaling another ball being shot at you.

Unlike previously, the ball was much faster and spins as well.

You have never been this pumped up.

'A world level pass..?!' You received the ball.

'Ego, you genius fucker...' With the perfect timing and precision, you managed to score another goal.

"I love Blue Lock so much, it's not even a joke now...." You chuckle.

With each passing time, you are scoring a goal. Shortly after, you managed to clear round one with ease.

"It was fun playing with you, Blue Lock Man." You left the room, quite satisfied with the practice.

The moment you made it to another room, you saw a screen saying 'move forward in a team of 3'.

"....." You look around the room, thinking that anyone would be fine at this point.

"Reo..?" Your eyes widened at the sight of the purple haired male.

Reo is sitting down with his head lowered.

'Is he.....' You approach Reo.

'...crying?' You unconsciously crouch down in front of him anr lift his head up with your hands.

What the hell happened?