008.

'I did say I will accept if I get a taser as a self protection equipment but...' You sweat dropped as the woman in front of you handed you a taser. A real, working taser.

'I didn't mean that literally...!'

"Please do not tase random players and only use it when you're in danger. Other necessary items will also be provided." She said which you noded in response, carefully taking the taser and thinking how much fun it would be to tase random players when you're bored.

With your bag being traded with a taser and a bag of clothes that have been loosened up a lot, you walked in the huge building.

'Anri, was it? She's really pretty...' You're currently being in your own world.

"!" You snapped out when you almost bump yourself into the wall.

"252V.... Is that my ranking...? What a hideous number..." You let out a sigh.

You were told to change in the bathroom.

You're really doubting if you could go an hour without getting lost in this large place.

But hey, you didn't.... fortunately.

The suit showed your figure, but it's loose and comfortable enough to wear.

'Must be here...' You look at the door with the words 'ROOM V' on it.

When you walk closer, the door automatically opens.

"Woah...." You're astonished by the wide room.

"It's almost like the size of a football field......... Is that man going to make me play football here?" You realised, praising yourself silently for your quick thinking.

'Well, anyways...' You find yourself a corner to take a small nap at.

...

"Excuse me, miss. Please wake up." You felt a few taps on your shoulder.

"...?" You parted your eyes and lift your head only to see people in the room.... All of them staring at you including Ego in the screen.

"Never seen a girl before? What the hell is happening here?" You yawned as you stretch your arms. What a short yet satisfying nap.

"Continuing... The others in your room are both your roommates and your rivals, meant to push each other higher." Ego spoke through the screen.

"I've used my personal judgement to quantify your abilities and rank you. The number on your uniform symbolises your current rank."

"That ranking will change daily and will go up or down depending on training and game results."

"Finally, those who finish in the top five will automatically registered in the next tournament happening sic month from now..."

"The U-20 World Cup as a forward."

'.....What did he say again?' You wonder, busying energising yourself before.

"However, those of you who fail Blue Lock will forever lose your right to represent Japan."

'Not like I have any chance to begin with.' You scratch your head.

"Now then, time for some tag. The time limit is 136 seconds. If you get hit with the ball, you're 'it'. Whoever is 'it' whenever time runs out, has to piss off back home. Also, you can't use your hands. Those are the rules." Ego explained.

"!" A ball made it to you.

"Aye aye sir. I won't disappoint." You stood up.

"Even pros play tag as part of their warm up. But this is an egoism test I've devised to ascertain who has the essence of a striker. Prepare yourselves for battle. This is no ordinary game of tag."