017.

Ego informs that the second selection doesn't start right away which pissed some of the players in Team V. While waiting for the next round, you were told to train everyday in order to catch up to the higher ranks.

The training itself is hell for sure.

Only the four top scorer can keep up, the others really look like they are about to die.

"Man, y'all look like shit." You commented as you look at those who are still running on the treadmills.

They of course, didn't respond since if they did they would probably throw up.

"...." Your gaze turn to the white haired male who is also running on the treadmill.

Nagi looks much better than the others.

'Wait a damn minute.' Your eyes narrows.

"He takes training seriously now? What a pleasant surprise." You spoke.

Seems like your plan on changing some of them worked.

"A-Choo!" You sneezed.

Right, you completely forgot you caught a cold for a second.

-

"L/N, wake up. Get ready, the second selection is about to start." Reo tries to wake you up.

"Ugh..... No~... Fuck off...." You turn around with your back facing Reo, sleeping in the important information being showed through the screen.

"Come on, go put on your training suit. Unless you want to get left behind that is." He said with his hands on his waist.

"Hm....." You stood up with your eyes closed.

You really wish you can die right now.

-

Team V proceeds to walk in the second selection's room.

"Well damn." You scratched your head while also trying to fix up your hair a little.

Every player you see in this room are from Team V to Z.

"Seems like we are tricked." Zantetsu adjusted his glasses.

"The chance of that is pretty high... Also, that's probably the smartest thing you said." Reo pointed out.

"!" You just realised that your childhood friend might be here. He definitely got chosen as he is a prodigy.

You began looking around but to no avail.

"Hey there, unpolished gems. Good work with all the physical training." The screen showed Ego waving his hand in an interesting way.

"25 people from each stratum have gathered here. Meaning 125 of you managed to pass the first selection."

"Well, I'm sure there are some sharp ones among you who already noticed this, but..."

"There's not a single person here who came from the first, second, third or forth stratum. None of that existed anyways."

"Only the fifth stratum exist in Blue Lock. All of you thought you were in the worst teams, V to Z. And then fought like idiots in the first selections."

'Well, that hurted.' You deadpanned.

Some started to question what they just heard.

"YOU LIED TO US!? AND THEN MADE US TRAIN LIKE MAD MEN... ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US!?!?" One of them shouted.

'I thought you were all tired up and all with that dark circles of yours.... Where did you find all that energy to shout that loudly?' You questioned, genuinely curious.

"I sure am. It was for the sake of killing any shreds of confidence you softies might have had." Ego's face turned creepy real quick.

"I devised this trick to nurture a hungry mindset in each of you, so that you might become the best strikers in the world."

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING!? ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?"

"WE'RE NOT YOUR GOD DAMN TOYS!!"

"WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT OF SUFFERING THIS MUCH TO PLAY FOOTBALL!?!?"

"Are you all idiots?" Ego spoke up.

'Don't count me in this shit. I didn't even complain about the long paragraph you just said.' You thought.

"This is exactly why I put you through all the training."

"Look here, take Noel Noa for example." He said, earning your full attention.

"Even the man known today as the world's best striker, was raised in the slums of France."

"While growing up poor, surrounded by crime and violence..."

"The means he had the change his fate, were quite literally only football."

"There are many strikers in similar conditions. Their hunger for goals are incomparable."

"If you are stuck with this country's mindset, where you would even be fine with losing in football..."

"You'll never reach his level."

"Hunger for a goal in order to become the best striker in the world.... Blue Lock was created to obtain that."

"All of you came here wanting to bring down everyone above you, am I right?"

"You all came here while believing that you can win."

"That hunger will be the Ego that changes the world."

"Alright, let's begin the second selection."

"Finally!" You quietly cheered.