004.

After all that...

"I decline your kind offer, Mrs Itoshi..." You bowed.

Just when you were about to go home, Mrs Itoshi offered you to eat dinner at their house.

It was already awkward enough with the two brothers, you don't want to volunteer yourself in an even more awkward situation just for a simple dinner.

"Ah... I see.. It's okay." She replied with.

'You don't look okay at all.' You and the Itoshi brothers thought, seeing her obviously sad and disappointed visible on her face and in her tone.

Everything happens to be chaotic whenever the three of you are together. It's livelier, and you don't mind.

After that day...

"Sae! Rin! L/N-chan came to play!" Mrs Itoshi shouted.

"Huh? Again?" Sae flinch from the sudden burst of noise going through his ears.

"Come on, nii-chan." Rin stood up from the chair.

"......."

-

The next day...

"L/N-chan is here~!" M/N shouted.

"Seriously?" Sae grumbled out.

Rin didn't say anything and walk out from the living room. He found you pleasant to be around with and had quite a good time yesterday.

And most importantly, he had fun when playing football with you.

-

Next week...

You haven't visit when school started, and it had become quiet around the Itoshi household.

It's funny how your existence can affect an entire family...

"!" You stopped walking when you saw the Itoshi brothers already waiting for you outside.

"Let's go." Sae walk pass you.

That's new... Such passive words from him...

"Come on, L/N!" Rin called out, causing you to snap out.

"Coming~" You catch up with the two.

It's as if the three of you have known each other for years despite only meeting for a few days.

Even if there are still a few awkward silence between you three, you're slowly getting used to it which you hope the other two is as well.

Having friends that aren't using you is relieving. You hope this can last forever.

-

Over the few month, you and the Itoshi brothers have gotten closer, with Rin becoming much more comfortable around you and Sae being less rude with you.

You, on the other hand..... got livelier and smile more.

Rin decided to walk you home, making Sae follow. And of course, ice cream is a must on the way home.

"Ah, I won." Rin said.

"Same." You spoke before putting the ice cream stick in your mouth and biting it.

"Hmph." Sae got annoyed when he loss again.

"..........." There it was, the awkward yet comfortable silence.

"Sae, carry me." You suddenly said out of nowhere.

"Huh? Why should I? You're seriously shameless." He grumbled out.