001

There was a saying, 'A striker is born, not made or chosen'.

You're born into a world where football has a big impact around the whole world.

Football prodigy is all over the news and TV's. You will see them no matter where you go.

Football, football, football, football.

The amount of times you heard the same thing over and over again makes you sick.

From a young age of 8, you realised that the world doesn't make any sense. So in order to blend in the society, you have to learn how to make yourself un-normal.

Common sense isn't common sense in the world that revolves around football. Becoming selfish and egotistical is the only way to the light. The world cup, that is.

You loved shiny things when you were a baby. With the loving parents you have, they let you have anything you want that are affordable.

But your eyes just so happened to lock onto the TV. The world cup. Oh how your big round eyes shined when you saw it.

You thought it would just be a phase where you are obsessed with jewels and gold, and it is.

You stopped your obsession for the world cup when you turn 8, and instead, focused on your studies.

Your grades are almost perfect. Always getting a 90+, earning praises from your parents, teachers, attention from the principal. A hope for a better future.

But you felt bored. Life is short and you should spend it wisely. So why not do something that's fun?

You tried many things, such as piano, swimming, drawing..........But none of those are it.

Maybe tennis? Volleyball?

.....

Nothing helps.

Fun... What exactly is fun?

Maybe trying to gain back your obsession for the world cup and force yourself to play football?

But... What is the fun if you have to force yourself to like something?

But you haven't touched football in your life. Trying won't hurt.

Your plan on trying to play football reached your parents somehow and they introduced you to their friend's sons who just so happens to play football.

You wonder why your parents try so hard for you. You gave up on your studies, grades dropping to average, so why is it that they aren't mad?

They have every rights to be mad. You are selfish. Doing all this for you and yourself only. They raised a disappointment.

Maybe the 'learning to be sick in the head' plan should come to an end..... right?

-

"Y/N, how about trying to shoot a few times before they come?" Your father suggested with a warm smile.

"Okay." You noded, your arms hugging the ball tightly.

Currently 10 years old, you decided to try playing football for the first time in your life.

"I'm sure you'll do an amazing job! There must be a reason as to why you're so obsessed with the world cup when you're a baby!" Your mum tried cheering for you.

"I'm pretty sure I only like it because of how shiny it is, mum..." You sweat dropped as you walk towards the field.

'This spot must be it.' You stand at a very specific spot where you've seen several famous players shoot at.