08 ~ Benji

I ADJUSTED THE mirrored visor above the dashboard and nearly yelped in a mixture of surprise, anger and fear.
"ETHAN!! What the HELL?!? She tried to shoot us!! What is she doing here??!!" I said, rather taken aback.
"Benji buddy, just because she tried to kill us doesn't mean she's a bad person." He responded.
"Wha-? That doesn't answer anything!" I said, getting agitated now.
"Long story short, she was forced to carry that gun tonight, by who is not yet known." He turned to her, curiosity shone in his eyes.
"I can't tell you much because it's classified but what I can tell you is that I'm working with someone on the inside to unmask them. Nothing more to tell really." She said, confidently. Ethan nodded, understanding radiated off him in waves.

"Mmh, okay I understand. But I am gonna have to search your pockets and bag though." An apologetic smile crossed his face. The woman sighed but seemed to know why he had to; standard protocol obviously. He found nothing in her pockets and only two things in her little crossbody bag; a cellphone and a lipstick. He was just about to ask her something when Miles interrupted.

"D'you know this guy?" He asked, opening up a sketch on his phone and showing it to her. She nodded in agreement.
"Yes, yes I do know him. His name is Solomon Lane and he's head of the Syndicate." The woman said.
Miles turned to look at Ethan and a look of amusement and adventure crossed between them briefly.
"Thank you." Miles said, nodding to her out of politeness. In all honesty, I couldn't remember if it were me or Ethan that had taught him that but it was most likely me as I'd always told him that manners will get you further in life.

"Erm, guys I hate to interrupt whatever this little 'moment' thing is but we have a tail!" I said, panicking. Not to worry though as I was trained in this kinda stuff as a field agent.

"You gotta let me out, it's not you their after it's me." The woman said.

"We can't do that. We don't even know your name or how to find/contact you again!" A concerned look crossed Ethan's face.

The woman handed him the lipstick, "You have everything you need to find me again right here. And the names Ilsa; Ilsa Faust."

"Okay then, just make sure you stay safe Yeah?" He smiled politely but I saw through the façade, it was more than that I could tell straight away.

"Alright then. You gotta make this look like an escape otherwise it isn't going to work. Remember what i said about finding me again if need be." Ilsa said, opening the car door and tumbling out onto the sidewalk. Ethan shut the door and we drove away as quickly as we could.

We now didn't have a tail, they'd stopped as soon as Ilsa had hit the sidewalk, so it was clear she was right.

"Well, what now?" I asked, cautiously.

"I know what comes next and where to go, so just keep driving Benji buddy, I'll be alright don't you worry about me." He said, determination written all of his face.

I did what I was told and tried as best I could to ignore and drown out all the questions currently buzzing round in my mind, all of which happened to be unanswered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word Count: 575