Part 26

Aman: Congrats Boss.. When did this happen?
Arnav: Today... I proposed her family..
Aman: Ohh.. And what .. what did they say ?( Aman raised his doubt)

Arnav: They didn't say anything yet.. but they will Aman.. They will say a YES.. I am not going to give them many options. Not this time.. Not until Khushi is mine.. forever...

Aman by now had realised what must have happened today in Gupta house.. But what worried him was the after effects if by any chance they deny this proposal..

Arnav gulped another shot of his drink.

Arnav: I am going to spend all my efforts and time to let this happen.

Aman: Sorry to ask Boss. But is she that special? I mean... What's there in her that even though she denies everytime, you are still after her?
Arnav chuckled softly. But he liked that question. He stood up and sat beside Aman putting his arm on Aman's shoulder.

Arnav: You know the Moth and flame concept Aman? (Aman noded a yes but weakly.. Arnav continued his explanation).. You know why Moth's get attracted towards a flame? Because it knows nothing about it.. It wants to gather the reason why a flame glows. That's my condition.. Khushi is different.. She is everything that I am not.. Her hair.. Her eyes.. her smile.. I have never seen anyone so pure and serene like her. That's why I want her. I want her Aman.. I want her..

Arnav leaned back and laid his head on the sofa, almost closing his eyes and dozing off. Aman was silent.. He hardly had words to describe what his Boss's feelings were for Khushi Gupta. But one thing was very clear.. This was not just an infatuation his Boss had for her. This was much more than that.. Now all it remains to know is if this will remain forever or does it have an end line in the nearby future.

**************

Gupta House

Nani was the one who took this decision of talking to Khushi about this messed up relationship between her and ASR. She wanted to hear from Khushi too what she felt about it. Khushi was resting her head on Nani's lap in her room while Nani was caressing her.

Khushi: The first time I saw him in that rainy night, I fainted in his arms Nani. I assumed him to be some gangster seeing the way he was threatening a man with his bodyguards. But when Lavanya, told me how she was treating him from few weeks, I realised he was Psychic too. Such people need help and I agreed to be the one who can assist Lavanya in curing him. I dont know why I agreed. May be I never expected him to reach this level of craziness. Slowly and steadily I started coming across his past life, though I still dont exactly know what has made him so dark. He hates people cheating him which is common but he is one step ahead from that list of people. He can even hurt the people who goes against him. Just like he tried hurting Jeeju. I am scared of him Nani. His madness scares me..

She hugged Nani in fear.

Khushi: I should have told the truth to everyone before. At least this day would have been different.
Nani: I dont think so Khushi. Nothing would have altered. The way I see Arnav Singh Raizada, he doesn't care for anything. So even if you have told us about this relationship before, and we would have stopped you from meeting him, things would have remained the same. Or might have become more worse.
Khushi looked at Nani trying to apprehend what she meant.

Nani: I am not new to what all he has done to our family Khushi. But why did he do all this? Only for you. What does he want? To marry you.. If he was really a bad person like we are assuming him to be then he would have taken any harsh steps to get you, he would never have come and proposed for marriage. This proves he wants to ensure he tries his luck by taking a right step before thinking of a wrong one.
Khushi : You mean he wanting to marry me is right?
Nani: Tell me one thing Khushi. What if he was any other man .. some unknown person who had come to our home asking for your hand in marriage? Would we treat that unknown man and his proposal the same way like we are doing with Arnav Singh Raizada? I dont think so.

Khushi was confused.

Khushi: Nani he proposing me for marriage doesn't make him right. And didn't you hear what he said at the end? He is not going to take a NO from us. He will do anything to get me. Either get me married to him before the society, or without that.

Nani: I just hope he doesn't cross his limits now to make himself right. But one thing is still haunting me Khushi. You remember what the Panditji said the other day about your marriage? You will have complications in your marriage proposal but then whoever you marry will be the right man in your life. He will love you like no one else can. We are already noticing the complications in your proposal. So what if Arnav Singh Raizada is the one?

***************

AR office - Next Day

"I am the one Aman", Arnav Singh Raizada clarified to his Employee Aman Mathur continuing the discussion about his marriage proposal to Khushi Gupta.

Arnav: I am the only one who can keep her happy, she will be floating in richness and honour if she marries me. What else does a woman want?
Aman: Boss.. There is a difference between Woman and Indian Woman..!! Indian woman are not always behind money.

Arnav angrily banged his fist on the table.

Arnav: Whose side are you Aman Mathur? Dont teach me about women.. I know them better than you..

"Ofcourse", Aman thought. His Boss does know a lot many women.

Aman: Boss I just want you to think every pro's and con's before you actually decide your next step.
Arnav: You are late.. I have already planned my next move. I am meeting a Registrar tomorrow with my Lawyer to start the legal proceedings of the wedding. I dont want it to be a grand one. Let the marriage remain as simple as possible, though the reception would be my style. You get that?

Aman: Boss do you know what the consequences would be?
Arnav: Resignation!!! ( he casually answered)
Aman: Resignation? Whose?
Arnav: ( taking a deep breath): Akash would be giving us the resignation in a day or two.. We need to be prepared for that well in advance.

Aman was totally astonished by his boss's commands.

Arnav: As per our employee contract terms he will have to serve a notice period of one month. And in this one month he will be taking back his resignation.
Aman: How are you so sure about that?
Arnav: Because I am going to create that situation Aman.. ( he smirked)

Aman was shocked and somewhere feeling pity for that girl whom he boss was so much attracted to.

Aman: What do you want to prove by doing all this boss?

Arnav stood up and walked till the glass walls of his cabin.

Arnav( looking intensely outside lost in some thoughts): Every step she takes passes only through me Aman.. I want to prove that.. I want to make her realise she cannot ignore me in her life. She is mine.. She will have to be mine.. At any cost.. !!!!

Aman took a deep breathe. All this feelings and possessiveness of his Boss for Khushi was going above Aman's head.

Arnav ( turning back to Aman): So step one will be preparing for Akash's resignation and step two will be taking back the legal proceeding currently ongoing.

Aman was definitely stunned.

Aman: Legal proceedings?? As far as I remember you have only one legal procedure going on related to Miss Sheetal.. And what has that to do with your marriage??

Arnav: You will come to know the connection very soon..

He smirked looking at Aman .. Anyone could guess ASR's mastermind was working amazingly fast in this matter. He so easily was manipulating everything..

*****************
Gupta house

Shyam: Akash? Are you sure with this decision ?? You want to resign ?? You don't have any job offer yet..
Akash: Jeejaji.. I don't care if I have other job in hand or not. I cannot work under a man who is troubling my sister so much..
Anjali: He is right Shyam. Whatever happens, we are not going to bend before him or let him play with our family. Akash will get another job on his capabilities.
Shyam: Rani Saheba you are not understanding.. Resigning from job will give us nothing. And its not going to affect Arnav Singh Raizada at all. Who is going to suffer? It will be Akash and we who will have to face everything.

Shyam jeejaji was right. But Akash and Anjali were too much frustrated with this entire matter that they ignored such little facts. Khushi was at the door waiting and listening their arguments. So much chaos it was in this house. Everywhere she just heard one name .. ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA.. Wish she could change that day from her life when she Met this man accidentally.

********************
2 days later

As expected Akash had put his resignation but he could not avoid that one month notice period. He was coming to office and working daily but never did he got a chance to meet ASR face to face again. His Boss seemed to be very busy these days. But what was keeping him busy???

Lavanya was in her clinic finishing her appointments and starring at her mobile phone. Since the truth was out, Akash had not even called her once. She knew it was her fault to get Khushi involved in Arnav's matter but then even if she had not taken Khushi's help, Arnav would have still got some way of entering Khushi's life and messing up. Lavanya's eyes were moist. She wiped her tears. Akash and her relationship was at stake. She was just hoping some miracle to happen and everything turn right in their lives.
Suddenly she heard footsteps from the door. She looked around and was shocked to see ASR here.. She became more frustrated..

Lavanya: You?? What are you doing here??
Arnav passed a weak smile and pulled a chair for himself.
Arnav: Don't mix your personal and professional life Dr Lavanya.. I am your regular patient..
Lavanya: You don't have an appointment today..( she gritted her teeth)
Arnav: Well. I havnt come here for my treatment. How sick of me to remind you of not mixing up your professional and personal life when I am doing the same.. But what am I supposed to do. Its such a big moment of my life and you are the only one I wish to share it first.
He forwarded an envelope to her which she gave a glance at.
Lavanya: What's this??
Arnav: Khud dekh lo..( check yourself)

Lavanya unwillingly opened the envelope. She was stunned.

Lavanya: Marriage invitation??
Arnav: Arnav Singh Raizada weds Khushi Gupta.. February 14th.. Valentine's day.. How's that??

Lavanya was furious..

Lavanya: You are really mad ASR.. This is insane. Gupta family has not even agreed for this marriage and you are distributing marriage cards to everyone? Disgusting..
Arnav: Not everyone.. Not yet Lavanya. I know very soon they are going to agree for this wedding. So I am just saving some time. But I couldn't resist inviting you first. Anyways. ( he got up from the chair).. I will take your leave now. Will meet you on the wedding day at the court.. And then on the reception too. Till then keep working.. Bye..

He walked out of her cabin with the same attitude.. Lavanya wished to tear off the card but she couldn't do that. She threw it on the table and sat on the chair thinking how can she save Khushi from this man.

*****************
Next day

Khushi was sitting alone at home in the living room thinking about the marriage proposal. Though the TV was on, she hardly was watching it. She was so much engrossed in her thoughts that she didn't even realise Arnav Singh Raizada had come to her home and was admiring her from the door. Suddenly a gust of wind blew on her face and she looked at the door in the intention of knowing where exactly the breeze was coming from. She clutched the sofa cushions in fear seeing him there.

" Apne hone waale pati ko andar nahi bulaogi Khushi?", Arnav asked in a husky tone and a smirk on his face. This one statement was enough for her to move back in fear. He could see she was shivering. He stepped ahead closing the door behind him.

Arnav: Agar abhi se mujhse itna darogi toh shaadi ke baad kya karogi ?? Stop shivering Khushi.. Main tumhe kha thodi jaaunga??

Khushi dropped the cushion from her hand in fear. She just hoped her family comes soon and keeps this man away from her.