Part 47

Night - Gupta House

Arnav felt a strong force on his feet as if someone had kicked him. He immediately opened his eyes only to realise he was at Gupta house, in Khushi's room with her sleeping beside him for the first time. When he took the bed to sleep, she was not in the room. She had to talk to Nani and he couldnt wait for her to return, he was that tired. So he had no idea when she came back in the room and slept beside him. But that was not a concern. What bothered him right now were the innumerous kicks she gifted him in her sleep. She acted like a kid. No wonder the space was small and hence this discomfort but she was the first woman he might have known who slept like a 8 year old child with her feet and arms over the person sleeping next to her. He closed his eyes again to get some sleep but the very next moment she kicked him again, leaving him no place to even move away. He pushed her so that she rests back in her place but to no use.

He was already sweating due to the absence of AC and upon that his wife was fully prepared to ruin his sleep. He got up from the bed in frustration and walked to the window to open it wide. He believed the cool fresh air of the early morning might help him feel better . But the room was so dark that he hit his leg to the chair while walking. He hissed in pain rubbing his foot. This house is going to show him so many more adjustments, he thought. Suddenly he heard Khushi taking his name..

"Arnavji", she murmured softly.

Arnav stopped and watched her. She was in sleep. But there was a sweet smile on her lips as if she was dreaming something nice. He opened the window quickly and reached the bed again.

"Arnavji", she whispered again.

Arnav was confident she was dreaming about him. But the way she took her name made him feel tickles. He had to know what that dream was. But will she remember the next morning? And even if she did, what if its too cheesy and she might deny confessing about that dream? Never.!! He wants to know.. Everything she saw.. He immediately took out his phone and tuned the Video to record her gestures.

"Arnavji aap.. ", she murmured again and this time she blushed hard in her dream. Arnav recorded few seconds and then saved the video file. He knew her reactions already. She would hide from him the whole day realising his interest in knowing why exactly she murmured his name so many times in her dreams. He lied down on the bed again and holding her hand in his, he tried to sleep.

******************

Morning

She jumped in surprise seeing her feet on Arnav Singh Raizada so casually placed in her sleep. Arnav got disturbed and opened his eyes too. She immediately sat on the bed and pulled her Dupatta to cover her neck.

Arnav: ( riasing his eyebrows ): Why did you get up like that? As if you saw a Ghost?
Khushi ( nervous): I.. Did I.. I ..
Arnav sighed and sat next to her stretching his arms in air for a yawn. Once he was done, he asked her.

Arnav: Do you have the habit to Stammer when you first wake up from sleep?
Khushi : Kya? Stammer ?Nahi.. I . I meant to say.. Did I sleep like that the whole night?

Arnav then realised what was her worry.

Arnav: No.. You were more indecent than this.. !! (he complained)

Her jaw dropped hearing that..

Khushi : Accha? What what did I do?
Arnav: You kicked me!! Like a Player would kick a Football. And that too not once.. not twice but infinite times. My back is aching Khushi, you know that?

Khushi felt extremely sorry. She didnt knew he was only exxagerating.

Khushi: I am Sorry Arnavji.. But what am I supposed to do? Thats how I sleep every night.
Arnav : And do you always call my name so sexily too every night ?

She didnt understand.. He took his mobile phone and showed her the video clip. Her eyes widened. She was highly surprised.

Arnav ( smirking): I want to know what were you dreaming about me. .
Khushi thought for few seconds and then angrily replied back.
Khushi: You took my video? Without letting me know?
Arnav: Haan toh? Big Deal!!
Khushi: Yes it is a Big deal Arnavji.. ( she got down the bed)

Arnav was confused what she was trying to prove.

Khushi: Its not right to do that. I agreed to sleep on the same bed. .Because I started trusting you.. And what did you do? Took a clip of mine without my permission?
Arnav started getting angry now.
Arnav: Then what did you expect? I should have woke you up , took your permission and then shoot the video?? You are my wife dammit.. !! Itna Haq toh banta hai mera tum par ( I owe this much rights on you )
Khushi: I know.. But this is not the way to ..
Arnav ( stepping towards her in anger): To what?

She moved back in fear..

Khushi: We still have a line between us Arnavji..
Arnav: I never crossed it.. ( he gritted his teeth)
Khushi: You didnt but..
Arnav: But what? ( he screamed in anger)

Khushi zipped her lips.. May be he was getting out of control now. She should not argue more.

Arnav: You know what Khushi? If this is your trust on me, you better not share the bed then. !!

Saying that he walked away giving her cold stare.. She couldnt even stop him. It was not about trust.. Or may be she overreacted..

**********************

After their little fight, Arnav got ready for his work. He had no interest in even eating Breakfast here, nor speak to anyone else in the family. He was doing so much for her family, for her happiness and Khushi was always busy in pointing out his mistakes. What harm did he do to her ?Only shoot a video clip while she was murmuring his name in sleep? Does that make such a huge difference? And then she talks about TRUST. Damm!!

Without having a word with anyone, even Khushi he stormed out of the door. Khushi was in the kitchen when she saw Arnav leaving. She almost rushed behind him to make him stop. But he got inside his car and drove away. She kept standing in the corridor looking at his vehicle. Anjali came and placed her hand on Khushi's shoulder.

Anjali: Thats another proof of his unacceptable behaviour.
Khushi ( in anger): Di please.. Dont start this again.
Anjali: Why not ?You are making breakfast for him and he is not even bothered to look at you..
Khushi: I spoiled his mood Di.. And its my mistake.. I realise it now.

She walked inside the house again. Anjali followed her.

Anjali: Dont blame yourself always. He also needs to bend sometimes or else it will never work Khushi.
Khushi: I know Di. But today what happened is all my fault. He was not wrong.. I am his wife.. If I can sleep with him.. he has the right to ..
Anjali ( interrupted): What? You slept with him on the same bed? But you had put a condition on him right?
Khushi: Haan.. But I freed him from that condition.
Anjali was highly surprised..
Anjali: He must have forced you to break that rule, didnt he?
Khushi: Di please.. Its nothing to do with him. I myself thought its high time we break that barrier. And this is not his bedroom where there is an additional Couch for him to sleep. What did you expect ? He sleeping on floor here?

Anjali was shocked.. SHe was just listening to her sister though..

Khushi ( with a weak smile on her lips): Seems I kept kicking him all night. You know me Di.. I still do that sometimes.. But he didnt shout.. Infact he teased me in the morning .. He has changed so much.. For me!! ( she was lost in her own world for some seconds until Anjali shook her)
Anjali: Then why is he so angry ?
Khushi sighed in disappointment.
Khushi: I scolded him for a silly video recording he did of me while I was asleep.
Anjali was again shocked but before she could take it in a wrong way Khushi made her understand what exactly had happened.

Khushi: Anyways.. I will ask forgiveness when he returns.

Saying that she continued making the breakfast for others quietly.

*********************

AR Office

Aman hurried inside Arnav's cabin holding the paper in his hand . He looked worried. Arnav was busy talking to some Client and Aman had to wait for him to finish. Once the call was done, Aman stated forwarding the paper for Arnav to look.

Aman: She has sent us a Fax..

Arnav took the paper from him and the contents of it just blew his mind.
Arnav: Dammit!! Does she think I am going to accept her again in my life? I had made it very clear to her long back not to try interfering in my life. What does she want to prove?
Aman (sighed): This fax makes it very clear she wants to meet you ASR..
Arnav: (fisted his fingers): Call her up and inform her I am not in India.
Aman: You think she will believe us?
Arnav: Then do anything else to stop her from entering my House dammit.!! ( he screamed in anger)
Aman : Yes Boss.. !!

He hurriedly left out leaving the fax papers with Arnav.

***********************

Evening

Arnav was in his car at the backseat, getting back to Gupta house finishing his work. The Car was waiting for the Signal to turn green, he looked out.. There was a young couple on a Motorbike happily smiling and talking to each other. The woman was so much into the man and vice versa that none of them cared for the Public who were witnessing their lovely gestures. Arnav gulped his emotions thinking about Khushi. Will they share a bond like this ever? He didnt wanted to give himself such hopes. He turned the other side and saw an old couple in late 60's holding each other's hands and crossing the road. The Man was so much concerned for his wife and was holding all the shopping bags in his hand, allowing his wife to be free of any kinds of loads. When they crossed the road, the old man ordered for some Sweet's from the Stall at the roadside and fed his wife who looked very tired and exhausted. This scene amazed Arnav.. It felt too cheesy for a couple at this age. He had never seen his parents behave so lovingly with each other anytime. All they did was fight with each other. His mother Claire even didnt mind drinking before his father and him when he was hardly 6 years old. Such was their daily routine. Tough fights between his parents, and his dad leaving the house to get some peace, his mother locking herself in the bedroom to drink and smoke and he all alone in the living room watching the Cartoons on the TV in the hope of his parents coming back to him, making him sit between them and loving him..

The Signal was green, Arnav closed his eyes and leaned back to wipe off the past scenes from his memories. He never wanted to remmember those, but at times, he just couldnt avoid them either. Are couples really like this? Are they meant to be loving and caring for each other? What was it that bonded them? What was that force whichc connected their hearts? Was it LOVE which Khushi always talks about?

When he reached Gupta House, Nani immediately rushed to him.

Nani: You came back Beta.. Give me your Laptop bag.. I will keep it inside..
Arnav was touched by Nani's gestures to make him comfortable in house. But she didnt had to do all this. He denied and looked around.
Arnav: Khushi kahan hai? ( Where is Khushi?)
Nani: She is in the Kitchen..I will ask her to make Tea for you. .
Nani was about to go but Arnav stopped her.
Arnav: Its okay.. I will check her myself.

He kept the laptop bag on the couch and folding the sleeves of his shirt, walked to the Kitchen. He had decided not to talk to her first. After the unneeded fight which happened in the morning, he expected Khushi to pacify him. But in all this, it doesnt mean he wont see her face.. Without seeing her, without feeling her beside him, his day never completes.. He reached the kitchen in the pretext to open the refrigerator and drink water but the moment he stepped in, he froze.

Khushi was wearing a Plain Red Saree, one from the lot which he shopped for her yesterday. She had tucked the Pallu on her waist not to let it disturb while cooking. Her hair were washed few hours ago, which is why she had left them loose over her shoulder. She wore nothing in her ears, just few Red Bangles and the Mangalsutra which completed her woman look. She had already kept for the Coffee already. She smiled sweetly at him.

Khushi: Your Coffee is getting ready.

So she tried to behave absolutely normal? As if nothing went wrong today morning? He maintained the same rude expressions on his face but who cared for the refrigerator or water now? He stepped towards her, keeping his eyes glued on hers. He could see her gulping in nervousness. But she didnt move an inch. She remained there at the Kitchen slab holding the coffee powder bottle tight in her palm.

Arnav ( looking intensely in her eyes): Accha tarika hai Pati ko manaane ka.. ( Its a nice technique to pacify your husband)

Khushi bit her lip realising she was been caught.

Arnav: Its urging me to keep fighting with you every morning, if the evening is going to be so pleasant!

He looked at her once from top to bottom. She felt her heart racing faster. He kept staring at her for some more seconds.. He shouldnt forget his wife had just started TRUSTING him.. He cant lose her trust by doing anything against her will. So to avoid any such reactions from him, seeing her in his favourite color Saree, he turned around to leave. The moment he turned, he heard her speaking.

Khushi: I am sorry..!!!

Arnav stopped and she immediately rushed to face him.

Khushi: You were right in the morning.. There is nothing harm in taking your Wife's video.. I over reacted.. Actually its not my fault.. I was little embarassed to know I kept kicking you all night. And then those dreams I saw.. I.. ( she paused not to reveal anything else about her dream to Arnavji).. I am sorry Arnavji.. Please humse baat kijiye..!!( Please talk to me,.. )

She almost pleaded.. She held both her ears just like a Kid would to say Sorry to his elders.. Arnav smirked and caught her arms.. He moved them away from her ears..

Arnav: IMPRESSIVE!! Tum bhi.. Aur tumhaare Sorry bolne ka tareeka bhi.. ( Impressive!! Both you and the way you said Sorry)
Khushi ( happily smiled): Iska matlab aap ne humme maaf kiya Arnavji? (That means you forgave me?)
Arnav: Hmm.. ( she jumped readily in joy).. Get the coffee in our room. I need a shower badly!

Thats when she remembered the coffee was still on the gas burner. Without any delay she rushed to pour the milk in it whereas Arnav left out.