Part 14

Khushi got down the car and saw some lawyer coming out of the Raizada house talking over the phone in distress.

Lawyer: ASR has denied taking off the charges. I tried convincing him but he didn't allow me to speak a word after his statement. I dont think we can expect much from him. I am sorry.

The lawyer sat inside his car and left the place .Khushi had no idea what was happening. All these were Arnav Singh Raizada's personal matters and she had no need to get involved. She slowly walked inside the house and one of the servant told her ASR was in his bedroom working out. She asked the Servant to call him down but he hesitated stating ASR was already in a very bad mood. She didn't waste time. She could see how everyone here were afraid of him, still worked under him for money.

She knocked his bedroom door which was already open. Arnav was running on his Treadmill inside . She cleared her throat. He kept running in his track suit with sleeveless T Shirt.

Khushi: I am here. Tell me why you called. I don't have much time.

He didn't reply and kept increasing the speed on his Treadmill. She had witnessed his anger before, but today this anger was mixed with pain. She could feel that. But why was he wasting her time? He cannot take her for granted like this.

Khushi: Fine. If you have nothing to talk, I have no reasons to be here either. I am leaving.

She purposely said this to get his attention and was successful. The moment she reached the door he caught her hand and then pulled her back inside.

Arnav: ( gritting his teeth): Dobara aisi dhamki mat dena.. Samjhi??? (Next time.. Dont you dare threaten me.. Understood?)

She was going to reply back but that same moment she saw a dark visible mark on his arm. It was ugly. A sudden urge of knowing what kind of mark it was forced her to touch it. She had seen such marks on the hero's arms in TV when he is hit by some bullet. Her fingers shivered as she touched the mark on his right arm. He shoved her hands off and went to the closet to fetch another shirt.

Khushi: ( little nervous): This mark.. It's of bullet? You were shot?

Arnav's temper was rising. He always hated when anyone reminded him of his past or asked anything about it. He pulled out a shirt and was leaving to the bathroom but she asked him the same question again. He angrily threw the shirt on bed and punched his fist on the wall, bruising it. She panicked and stepped back.

Arnav: Tumhe iss ghar mein aane Ki izzazat hai.. Mere neezi zindagi Mein jhaakne Ki nahi.. Yeh kya hai? Kyon hai? Kab se hai? Iss sab se tumhara koi matlab nahi.. Aainda yeh sab poochne Ki zurrat mat karna.. Shayad itna patienceful response nahi milega jaisa aaj Mila hai.. ( You have got the permission of coming in this house not to interfere in my personal life. What mark is this? Why is it on me ? WHen is it from? You should not be bothered about it. Next time dont dare to ask me such questions. Because you will not get a patienceful response from my end like you got it today. )

He left into the bathroom to get a cold shower. She was completely shocked with his behaviour. He was really a psycho. What does he mean? She was happy getting access to his house? She comes her by her will? One thing which he said was right though. SHe should really not bother about his personal life, he is not worth it. After this insult, she had no reason to stay here. She removed the chain from her purse, the one which he had gifted her last night and kept it on the table beside his bed. She then left without even informing him.

He took long in the shower. He wanted to wipe off the grief within him which bubbled once again because of the lawyer's presence in this house. Whenever he tried taking a step towards a better future, his past had always blocked his way, worsen his condition and made him more miserable than he ever thought to be. When he came out, she was not in the room. Did he forget, he had called her for some reason? How can she leave without letting him know? That was still acceptable but seeing the chain which she returned back to him, he could no longer control his anger. He dialed her number to call her back but she never answered .This was height of rudeness. Fine.. If she doesnt want to spend time with him, then do hell with her, he thought. He removed the bottle of his anxiety pills and took one quickly to feel better.

************

Gupta House

Payal: Kya Khushi.. Since the time you are dating, you have no time for me..

Khushi quickly shut Payal's mouth and scanned the room to see if anyone heard it.

Khushi: Shut up Payal. You will kill me someday. Dont talk all this matter here. If Di or Bhai comes to know, I will be hanged. And I am not dating that man. I am just helping Lavanya to get him treated. He really needs it. Otherwise he will ruin many lives around him.
Payal: Hmm.. But Khushi why are you doing this social service? Its not your job.. And definately not by risking your own life to this extent. I have seen in movies, such psychic people are dangerous. They can do anything they wish at anytime without repenting. You better be careful.

Khushi could understand what Payal was trying to teach her. As a friend, Payal was worried for Khushi. Suddenly the rain started pouring out heavily and sprinkled on Khushi's face as she was sitting quite close to the window. She stood up to close the windows and thats when she saw Arnav Singh Raizada, standing right at the corner of the street, with his car parked, and starring at her. He didnt even care the rain was drenching him and he might fall sick. All he did was admire her like a hawk does on it's prey. She was shocked seeing him here.

Khushi: I.. I cannot believe this.

Payal : WHat happened?
Khushi (Feeling nervous): He.. he is here Payal.. Ohh God.. If Bhai sees him here, I dont think he will take much longer to know what is going on between me and him..
Payal rushed to the window to get a glance of this man.

Payal: Ohh.. So he is the one.. ? Wow.. Dashing huhh!!
Khushi: Toh tu rakh le..! (So you keep him.. )
Payal: Main toh rakh lungi.. But he should agree to replace you by me which I dont think is going to happen anytime soon. Look at him.. He is just starring at you , unbothered of the climatic condition. Hayeee.. How sweet of him..

Khushi: Enough Payal.. You have no idea, this behaviour of his will land me into trouble.. Chal.. Let me drop you out ..
Payal: You want me to go ?
Khushi: I have no other way to leave the house and meet him. And I dont want him to get into the house either. Chal..

Khushi took a big umbrella and came outside the house in the pretext of dropping Payal till the corner. Payal had no intentions of disturbing ASR and Khushi's meet. She left and Khushi crossed the street and stood before Arnav holding the umbrella to cover them both from the rain. SHe saw him holding a whiskey bottle in his hand. So he was drunk ? Not good for her, she thought and managed to speak to him.

Khushi: Aap yahan kya kar rahe hai? Kyon aaye yahan? (What are you doing here? Why did you come here? )
Arnav : Tumhe dekhne.. (To see you )

There was a complete silence after this. Only the lightening and the sound of the rain pouring out heavily echoed in their ears.

Khushi: Apne ghar bulaya.. Phir insult kiya aur ab yahan mujhe dekhne aagaye.? Aap ko mood swings ki problem hai kya? (You first called me at your home.. then insulted me.. and now you have come to see me here? You have some mood swings problem, dont you?)

Arnav gulped the Whiskey from the bottle and then extended the Chain, which she had returned to him today.

Arnav: Will you wear this here? Or should I tie it to you coming inside your house?

Her jaw dropped.

Khushi: Are you threatening me?
Arnav: Haan.. Yeah Naa Khushi? (Yes or no Khushi?) Are you wearing this or not?
She was in a fix now. She knew he had the guts to get in her house, which now practically belonged to him, and make her tie this chain before her family. She cannot let that happen. But she was very sharp.

Khushi: Fine. Give me the bottle back and I will wear the chain. Just look at you. You cant even stand properly. How will you drive back home? What if something happens ? What if you meet some accident?
Arnav: Mujhe apni fikar nahi hai.. !! (I dont care for my life)
Khushi: Right.. Why will you care? You dont have anyone behind you to cry for you if anything like this happens. I should have known this before. How can someone even stay with people like you? You deserve to be alone because you are a Monster.. A psychic Monster. People are afraid of you Arnav Singh Raizada. They may be dancing on your moves but thats not because they are respecting you. They are just scared of you and your power. Thats all.

His eyes turned red in anger. He stepped towards her and snatched the Umbrella from her hand and threw it away. The umbrella flew with the wind and they both were drenched totally due to the rain. She was frightened.

Arnav: Yes.. I am a Psychic Monster. I like being so. Now listen very carefully Khushi Gupta.. Dont take me and things related to me lightly. When I take an oath to fulfil something, I dont bother about anything. You are my present Addiction.. Being with you is my obssession and if you dont let it happen, I will destroy everything related to you.. THis house.. This family and even YOU.. Dont underestimate me..

Khushi: (With tears in her eyes): How easily you said all this. You will destroy me and my family? Here I am trying to help you out and you want to hurt me? Do Whatever you want, take this house from us, throw us on the road, or hire some sharp shooters to kill us, I am not going to bend before you or offer my help. You dont deserve it. Let me see what level you bend only to prove your baseless right on me .You believe in yourself and I believe in my Devi Maiyaa.. I know she will protect me from you always.

She had enraged him even more by challenging him. He could have done something worse to show what it means to dare him but that same moment she sneezed twice.. Thats when he realised she was drenched and this sneeze was because of him.. She will fall sick if she stays here longer. He pushed her slightly .

Arnav: Go home.. (he commanded)

Khushi: Nahi.. I will not run away from you.
Arnav: (Clenching his jaw): You will fall sick Dammit.. Just leave..
Khushi: So? Even if I fall sick, it should not matter to you. If you can think of destroying me, why do you want to protect me now?
Arnav: Because only I have the right to destroy you. .Not the Rain.. Only I have the right to get a smile on your face.. or tears in your eyes.. If anyone else does it, I cannot withstand it.

What kind of man was he? So much possessed about her? He didnt care what he was giving her back ? Love or hate.. ? All he cared was that, he should be the only one she should concentrate on.. Arnav saw how stubborn she was at the moment. He broke the Whiskey bottle in anger, throwing it down and got inside his Car. Only when he leaves the place ,she will. He saw her once from inside the car and then drove with full speed on the unknown roads. She was shattered. Though she had shown courage to speak before him, she was afraid of what he challenged her tonight. What if he really destroys her and the family? She cannot let that happen. Never!!