Part 17

Gupta House

Khushi was ready to leave for the temple. Anjali came inside her room with her medicines.

Anjali: Khushi ? Where are you going? You cannot go out. You still have fever.
Khushi: Jiji. Please dont be so worried. I am fine now. Even my fever has gone. See.. (She made Anjali touch her neck and understand she was telling the truth)
Anjali: Fine. But where are you going early morning?
Khushi: Temple.
Anjali: Temple? Why?
Khushi: Because I wish to go Jiji. Now please stop asking me all such questions and allow me to leave.
Anjali: Go with Nani. She will be ready in few minutes.
Khushi: No. I am getting late..
Anjali: What is wrong ? Cant you wait? Okay fine let me come with you.
Khushi sighed in frustration and clutched Anjali's arms tight.

Khushi: Jiji please. I am not a 10 year old kid who will need company just to visit the roadside temple. Havnt I been there alone anytime?
Anjali: But Khushi not at such times when you were not well.
Khushi: I can take care of myself. And I will be back soon. Within an hour.

Anjali didnt argue after this but her eyes suddenly caught the glittering pendant and chain in Khushi's neck. She touched it.

Anjali: What is this? Who gave you? Its quite expensive..!
Khushi (Moving away): Uhh.. No jiji.. Its not expensive though it looks so. I .. I bought it from CHandni Chowk Market last week. I liked it very much . Okay then. I will leave. Bye.
Anjali: Khushi medicines..

Khushi rushed towards the door to leave screaming " Aake lungi Jiji.. " (WIll come back and take it Di)

Anjali was little curious about that chain and pendant. Did she really buy it ? Anjali knew Khushi very well. Whatever she buys, she always shows it to the entire family and only then starts wearing it. Why didnt she do the same this time? Was she hiding something?

*************

Temple

Arnav got down from his Posh car, parking it in the vicinity of the Temple where Khushi was expected to be. He was on call with Aman over his bluetooth.

Arnav: Its Akash's first day at work. Make him comfortable Aman and I dont need to tell you he should not know about me and Khushi.
Aman: Yes Sir.
Arnav: Good. I will be little late today. Manage things on my behalf.

He was scanning around to check if Khushi was visible and there he saw her standing at the Temple stairs in a Red Chudidaar, holding a Puja thali in her hand. She had covered her head with her Dupatta and he was still unsure why she did something like that? He disconnected the call and walked straight towards her. She somewhere knew he would come. Arnav Singh Raizada can never miss a chance to spend time with her. Reasons of which were still unknown to her. The moment he reached her, he tried to take off that Dupatta from her head, which had blocked his vision. She stopped him.

Arnav: Hatao isse.. (Move this away)
Khushi: Hum aisa nahi kar sakte.
Arnav: Agar main keh raha hoon.. Toh karna padega Khushi Kumari Gupta.
Khushi: We are in a temple. This is a custom here. I cannot change it.
Arnav: Custom? Who writes such non relevant customs? Whats the connection between this Dupatta and the temple?
Khushi: Its out of your understanding. Havnt you been to a temple anytime? Didnt your parents ever teach you these basic culture of our Society?

His fingers fisted and jaw clenched making her realise she was going overboard now.

Khushi: Take off your shoes here. Its not allowed inside.

He twitched his eyebrow staring at her.
Arnav: I am not coming inside. Finish it and come back soon. Lets have breakfast together.
Khushi: I called you here because I wanted you to accompany me inside the temple. Not sit out and wait for me. Take your shoes off.
Arnav : Are you ordering me Miss Gupta?
Khushi: Requesting you Mr Raizada.. (She replied in the same tone)

They both shared an eye lock for some seconds and finally Arnav gave up. He removed his shoes and socks and both left inside the temple. She pressed the temple bell and he followed the same. All this was totally new for a man who was never even told about a temple properly. He had been to Churches in his childhood with his mother. But visiting temples was new. While Khushi performed some prayers there, his eyes wandered around to see the other woman. Some were wearing a pinch of red colour on the partition of their forehead. That made them look prettier than others. He never saw Khushi wearing such colour on her forehead. But it will suit her more than these other ladies, he thought and took a pinch of the Red Vermillion in between his fingers. Khushi had closed her eyes while praying but the moment she opened them, she was surprised to see Arnav holding the Sindoor in between his fingers.

Khushi: What are you doing? Put it back in the plate.
Arnav: Why? Is it harmful? Why are the other ladies using it then on their foreheads?
Khushi understood he had no idea what significance Sindoor has.

Khushi: Its called Sindoor. And any girl who gets the honour to apply it on her forehead is very lucky.
Arnav: Really? Then I want MY KHUSHI to come in that category too.

He moved his fingers towards her forehead.

Khushi stopped him at the right time before he could break the laws of the society. There were people around in the temple who were watching them from far. She wanted to save her dignity.

Khushi: Arnavji.. Aap.. Aap humme sindoor nahi laga sakte..( Arnavji.. You cannot apply Sindoor to me)
Arnav: Kyon? Kyon nahi laga sakta Khushi? Tumhi ne toh abhi kahan ki sindoor lagaana Kisi bhi ladki ke liye bahut hi auspicious hota hai.( Why? Just few minutes back you said its quite auspicious for any girl to apply Sindoor.)

Khushi: Haan hota hai par aise nahi.. Sindoor sirf wohi ladki lagaati hai Jo shaadi shuda ho. Aur woh bhi apne pati Ke haath se. Humari naahi shaadi hui hai aur naa aap mere pati hai. ( Yes it is. But only married girls have right to apply and that too from their husband's fingers. I am neither married nor are you my husband)

Arnav was understanding what she meant.

Arnav: Theek hai.. Toh shaadi kar lo mujhse.. Bana lo mujhe apna pati.. I wont mind Sweetheart... I would love to see this Sindoor on your forehead.. A tag which can symbolize you are mine.. Just mine ( Fine.. The marry me.. Make me your husband. I won't mind Sweetheart. I would love to see this Sindoor on your forehead.. A tag which can symbolize you are mine.. Just mine)

He dangerously looked in her shocking eyes while passing an evil grin.

Khushi: Shaadi? Aur aap se? What do you know about marriage ? Marriage is not so easy that anyone can play with its dignity. Its a promise which the couple take to live with each other for the next 7 births, to care and love each other till eternity. (She was very much angry and all that was visible in her expressions and pitch of voice)
Arnav: (Taking a deep breathe and putting his hands in pockets): Well. Its not so different from what I want from you then. I dont believe in existence of 7 births Khushi. But for this birth, I want you for me. Care.. !! I do care , dont I? And Love.!! Thats something which we can figure out later. So? Kab kare Shaadi? (When should we marry? )

He had panicked her enough today. She moved a step back in fear with tears pooled in her eyes.

Khushi: Darr lagta hai humme aap se.. !! Aap ki aisi baaton se...!! Kyon kar rahe hai aap aisa? Dur rahiye humse..Please.. Dur rahiye..

She ran towards the stairs again to leave this place immediately. Arnav kept on staring at her. She didnt even wait to wear her sandals. She ran towards her house bare foot. She is scared of him? Its not anything new to hear. He knew that. But how dare she asked him to stay away from her? Does she even know how much he wants her? She is the only girl in his life whom he had wanted to take care of and keep with him forever. She was consumed in every drop of his blood. She will have to measure the heights of his passion for her someday.. He got down the stairs, wore his shoes and lit his cigar while making a way to his car..

Arnav: Kitna kuch karna padega Khushi.. tumhe mere paas laane ke liye.

*************

Akash dropped Lavanya to her Clinic. He was in a hurry to leave for work. It was his first day in AR. But Lavanya seemed to be distressed. She sometimes felt like telling Akash what Arnav Singh Raizada really was and how he was doing all these things just to get Khushi. But whenever she thought of telling him this, she was equally scared on how Akash might react.

Akash: Sweety? Bye nahi karogi? I am getting late for work. Cannot afford to be late on my first day of a fresh job.
Lavanya: Akash. Uh.. You sure of this? I mean this Job?
Akash: Of course Lavanya. I have got the best post in this company. I am so happy. My Salary is doubled. You know what that means? I will not need to wait for long to get our relationship official. We can marry soon Lavanya. Thats what we always wanted.
Lavanya: I know Akash. I am happy for that but then Arnav Singh Raizada.. He is little.. I mean.. He is ..
Akash: Wierd!! Right? I know. But it should not affect my role in that company. And dont forget he also is the owner of the house we stay. I dont think it will be difficult. You are over bothering. Just be calm and handle your Psychic patients. Because from now your Personal Pyscho will be getting busy in his work.

He pinched her cheek. She could only smile and wave him a Bye. Akash was right. She had to manage her Psychic patients expecially ASR who was the top one in her list .But somewhere even she knew none of the medicines will ever work on him.. His cure lies only in Khushi.

*************

After a frightful morning in the temple, Khushi was just trying to avoid that conversation from her mind. How could he just propose her for marriage. He was really insane. She always felt goose bumps on her skin when she even remembered him. And marrying such a man who is so unpredictable and bossy was just out of the question. She wanted to change her mood. She thought of checking some emails on her personal mailbox and check if any of her friends were online. She can at least chat with them and discuss about the Exams results date ,which was her second reason of worry after ASR.

The moment she logged on to her social networking Site chat, a friend request window popped up her screen. And the name of this person really shocked her. Arnav Singh Raizada was on "Friendsbook" too? She cannot even have some privacy here now. "Accept" or "Deny"? How she wished to block him permanently. But she knew doing this will only infuriate him. She accepted his invite and that same instant she received his message on the chat.

Arnav
"Naaraz ho?"

He had the audacity to ask her this? Such a stupid question, it was. She ignored replying him back and kept chatting with Payal who was also online at the same time. After some 5 minutes Arnav's chat window blinked again. She unwillingly checked his next message

Arnav
"???"

She sighed in frustration and thought of getting away from his messages.

Khushi
"Busy"

Arnav
"Busier than Arnav Singh Raizada? Dont lie"

Khushi
"Busy people dont land on Friendsbook chat in their working hours. Stop potraying you are the worlds busiest man"

Arnav
" I was busy admiring your photos"

Her jaw dropped. Hows that possible? She never gave him any picture of hers nor did she allow him click one.

Khushi
"Which Photos?"

Arnav
"Profile picture. You look quite a teeny in that Yellow dress"

She quickly opened her profile pic and checked herself. She looked teeny? Well yes. It was clicked 2 years back.

Khushi
"Stop admiring them or else I will delete them all at once."

Arnav
"I know the best hackers in this Country. I can get these pictures again. So dont even try"

She cursed under her breathe for landing into such situations.

Arnav
"Turn your Web cam on. I wish to see you"

Yet another demand. She wished to break the laptop at once. But it was gifted to her by Akash bhai. She cannot do that.

Khushi
" WebCam not working"

Arnav
"Fine. A new Laptop on its way then"

Khushi
"NOOOOOOOOOOO. I dont want anything from you. I lied. Fine? Happy? I just dont want you to see me now. I.. I am not in a good dress."

Arnav
"Hmm.. Did you see my Profile status?"

Khushi
"Whats so new in that?"

Arnav
"Check it first and you may know"

She was not sure what he wanted her to see. But she still did. She checked his Status and was surprised again.

Khushi
"Arnav Singh Raizada - In a Relationship? Wow. I am relieved. "

Arnav
"Dont act so much. I can add your name at the end otherwise. Something like Arnav SIngh Raizada - In Relationship with Khushi Kumari Gupta. Hows that?"

She fumed.

Khushi
"Its not funny"

Arnav
"You are taking it Funny. I am DAMM SERIOUS"

She gulped down the heat of nervousness which generated within her body.

Khushi
"You like scaring people?"

Arnav
"Just You"

Khushi
"Dont you have anyone else in your friends list to bother? Why wasting my time?"

Arnav
"Just like you are.. Your time is mine too"

Khushi
"You are too much"

Arnav
"When you know me so well, why backing off ? Do you think I cannot get you to me?"

Khushi
"This cannot happen"

Arnav
"Zabardasti karu toh? "

She was again baffled. Yea. He can do that. He can compel her to do anything by keeping her family on the gun point. She didnt wish to reply much after this. She wrote one last statement

Khushi
"Check my Status. Logging Off."

She was Offline immediately. Arnav didnt even get a chance to say a Bye, but as she commanded, he checked her Profile status..

"Khushi Kumari Gupta
Relationships Status - Its Complicated"

He smirked logging off from this social networking site. This teeny meeny conversation was good. At least he was sure she was not in that same scary mood like she was in the morning.