Part 9

Arnav: Yes, I smoke. But not frequently.
Khushi: Again..Mr Arnav Singh Raizada.. I dont believe you.
Arnav: Again.. Miss Khushi Gupta.. Thats your Headache.. Are there any more things you have noticed in me or is it done?

Khushi kept quiet. She thought her talks were irritating him and she worried if this will get any negative impact on her. Seeing her silent and that too because of him, he liked it. That showed how much he was in control of her.

Arnav: So you investigated about me last night? Kis se? (With whom)

She gulped down in fear. How did he know she was in touch with someone who knew him .. His Dr.. !! Arnav could see the lines formed on her forehead due to a sudden tension that his question developed.

Arnav: Let me guess!!
Khushi (Interrupting): You dont have to guess. No one told me about you. I .. I googled about you to prepare myself for this meet.
Arnav: Really? On that 99 Rs Internet pack on your phone which is already expired 2 days back? Hard to believe.

She got a huge blow when he told her these minute details about her Phone and the internet pack which probably even her family didnt know.

Khushi (Stammered.. ): How..how did you know?
Arnav: Mujhe aur bhi bahut kuch pata hai Khuusshi..( I know even more than this Khuusshi.)

He purposely stretched her name cultivating more uneasiness in her body.
Arnav: You have many many friends at college, dont you but Miss Payal is your best friend and you always seem to do group studies at her home. Your brother Akash works for the Mehta's and he is least interested in changing his job. Your sister Anjali stays with her husband Shyam Jha who is a lawyer in Lucknow. Your Nani goes to the Temple at Laxmi Nagar every Thursday and Saturday to offer prayers and she does that by walk, not by any means of transport. INTERESTING..!!

Khushi's heart beated frantically imagining how can he find so much in detail about her and the family.

Khushi: How.. how did you know all this?
Arnav: Obviously not from GOOGLE.!!
He smirked back and tasted the pasta.

Arnav: Its yummy.!! Isnt it?
She had no strength to repond him back.Mentally she was losing this little battle on her first date only, then what would happen later, she thought.

Almost 15 minutes passed and Khushi was still unable to digest this fact that he knew so much about her. She just hoped he doesnt misuse all this information. Arnav read her face.

Arnav: So? You didnt answer me how did you know about me ? A girl who till yesterday evening didnt even know my name , today knows it so well along with some of my qualities. How?
Khushi: Just like you know about me. What do you think of yourself? Only you can spy? I have my sources too everywhere . So BEWARE!!

She warned him but both knew how innocent this warning was. He liked it at one instance that she acted so cute but the next moment he feared she was trying to have a control over him.

Arnav: You have got wings too early. Baffles me. You are not Playing with me, I HOPE. Because I dont like cheaters. So never cheat on me, the consequences will be worst.

Khushi (Composing herself): Why why you always scare me?
Arnav: I like ruling you.. Just you.. ( He caught hold her hand above the table)

His gaze was always intense . Whenever he looked at her, she felt discomfort. Knowing what he wanted, what he felt for her, it was just too difficult for her to work on Lavanya's plan. But she had no choice, did she? She moved her hands off his and then checked the time.

Khushi: I should leave now.
Arnav: To watch Aryan's Race on TV tonight?
Her eyes popped out in surprise. But very soon she answered herself that when this man can find such small details about her life, this too wasnt tough.
Khushi: Yes. I watch it whenever he participates. I like him and there is nothing wrong in that. He is my first celebrity crush.!!

Only she knew how much courage she needed to tell him this and make it clear so that he doesnt keep on burning the little things that has her Aryan's touch.. !! His nerves boiled with the mere thought of it. First celebrity crush!! How sick was that? It wasnt her fault too though because she never knew Arnav Singh Raizada then or else today he would have been her first and the last crush of her life! So he allowed himself to get off this matter for the time being until it becomes really serious.

Arnav : Very soon.. I am going to change this liking of yours.. So be prepared.

Was he kidding? Does he think he can even do that? To like a person or not was not in his hands. It was she who should be deciding that for herself. But its not good extending this topic so she thought of ending it here.

SHe got up.

Khushi : I am leaving.
Arnav (caught her hand): I am dropping you.
Khushi: Nahi
Arnav: Yes.. !!

He got up , kept some heavy cash on the table for the waiter to pick and started taking her towards his car. The guards followed . She felt insecured ..
Khushi: Are these guards coming too?
Arnav: (Stopping at the car): You dont want them? They are our security.
Khushi: You need a security to even drop a girl till her doorstep? (She purposely teased holding her fear of leading into another argument but his reply stunned her completely)
Arnav (Whispering at her ear): They are securing YOU from me and my intentions Khuusshi.. And if you dont like them, I am pleased to give them a day off.

She jerked moving back feeling scared.

Khushi: In..inten..intention? What do you intend to do?

She was lucky girl to get so many smirks from such a dashing man on earth, which hardly any other girl could have got the blessing of.

Arnav: Right now.. I only intend to drop you home. Home sweet Home!! Come.. !!

He opened the car door and she unwillingly sat inside. He took his seat and ordered the guards not to follow them. He can manage.. He started the car and with a normal speed drove it out the gates. This was the first time Khushi Gupta was willingly sitting in his Car without the need of being tied up.

************

Khushi: Stop here.

With a loud shierk, applying full brakes, he stopped the car at the corner of the road.
Khushi: I will go from here. I dont want anyone to find this posh car in the vicinity of Laxmi Nagar.!!

She unclasped the seat belt and was leaving when he caught her hand and stopped her. She already feared his every action and this one inside the car was more scary.

Khushi (gathering courage): Kya hai? (What happened?)
Arnav: You didnt say BYE!!
Khushi : BYE.
She tried opening the car door again but he pulled her back.
Khushi (Angrily muttered): Ab kya hai? (Whats now? )
Arnav: Is this the way you say a Bye to the man you dating?

Khushi's eyes widened with this extra information..

Khushi: Dating? You are taking it wrong Mr Arnav Singh Raizada.. I am not dating you ... Just having a Snack Date doesnt mean we are dating. So stop expecting more..!!

She shoved his hand and opening the door ran towards her street as fast as she could. She was lucky that he didnt mind her actions and she was saved from his unknown intentions. He passed a smirk again seeing her running and then sliding the black car glasses he started the engine and drove off.

************

Khushi had wished to discuss the entire happenings of today with Lavanya because she was the only one who knew about it. But the problem was that , she feared of being caught by Arnav Singh Raizada. If he can get so much information about her, what if he also taps her phone and gets her phone records? What if he comes to know that his Dr is involved ? She couldnt risk Lavanya's life and hence she told Lavanya they will either meet up someday and then talk about it or she will inform only the important matters to her occassionally if she needs Lavanya's help. Otherwise they will never contact each other on his matters until it was totally resolved. Though this was a very bold step from Khushi to sort her problems alone like this, but she knew she will have to fight.!! Fight for Freedom from that Dark Raizada..!!

Khushi was not expecting this sudden recharge on her number to beep. It was a high amount and almost enough for some 6 months even if she calls each of her friends and talks for hours everyday. She guessed who did this. Why was he using all his power and money on her? She never asked him to top up her number and why will she use his favour? She didn't even had his mobile number to call him up and warn him. She didn't had to think much because he gave a ring on her phone unexpectedly.

Arnav: Hi sweetheart.
Khushi( angrily ): You topped up my number?
Arnav: No. I didn't.
Khushi: Don't lie.
Arnav: I don't lie. I didn't top ur number. My manager did.
Khushi: It means the same. Why you doing this? I don't like it.
Arnav: Use that talk time in talking to me only. You thought I am doing a favour on you? I am not that generous sweetheart. So now that you know why I did this, you cannot make excuses. Whenever I want, you will talk to me, chat with me and just me.
Khushi: What ? Chat? Talk? No.. I .. I cannot do this. No one at my home knows about us. And what will I tell them?

Arnav popped the ice cubes in his drink and stirred the glass once ,watching the alcohol get mixed with the ice , slowly and steadily. His new relationship with Khushi was almost the same. Everything was taking it's shape slowly. Very soon he will be out of his lonely world. His Khushi will stay with him, in this house and his life will get a direction.

Khushi: Hello? You there? I am talking to you.. You cannot force me to behave like your girl friend.
Arnav: Girl friend? You aren't one sweetheart. I am not asking you to enter into any kind of relationship with me. Just keep doing what you are, it's enough.

She had no idea what he meant by all this.

Khushi: I have to keep the call now. Nani doesn't allow me to be awake for so long.
Arnav: She doesn't know the importance of my call. Just ignore her and keep talking. I want to hear your voice till I get sleep.

Khushi: I am not a baby sitter neither your Nanny. I am cutting the call.
Arnav: Think about the consequences.
Khushi: I don't care.

She cut the call because she really cannot spend time like this chit chatting with him for so long. Until she uses such cool tactics of avoiding him slowly, his addiction for her will not break too. She took a deep yawn and dozed off. The pasta she had in the evening with him made her so full that she didn't even eat her dinner tonight. Arnav disliked what she just did. She avoided him? How dare she? She has no idea what her actions will lead her to the next morning.

************

Morning

Akash seemed to be tensed after the call which he attended just few minutes back. Nani and others were busy making the breakfast for everyone. Anjali read Akash's worry and asked him what the matter was.

Akash: Di.. It was the house owner's call. He said he has sold off this property to some businessman. So we have a new owner now.
Anjali: Ohh.. But how does it affect us? We are tenants now and will stay so even if the owner changes. Am I correct.
Akash: Well I am not sure of this. I mean the new owner is coming now to meet us and he will then decide if he wishes us to continue staying here or not.
Khushi and everyone else dropped their faces.
Khushi: This is bad bhai. We have stayed here from years and now suddenly how they make us move from here? I hope the new owner is good by heart and he understands our concerns.

Everyone hoped the same. Suddenly the door bell rang. Khushi rushed to open the door. She opened the door with a smile, holding the toothbrush still in her mouth thinking it was the daily milkman but the moment she opened the door, her body became stiff , her eyes almost out of her sockets seeing Arnav Singh Raizada standing there in a brown shirt which so well matched with her yellow night dress.

"Hi beautiful", he whispered in a low tone as he didn't wish to make her embarrass before her family and land up in more troubles.

Khushi: (trying to speak with the toothbrush in her mouth): Aaaaaaapp? Yahan?
Arnav: Hmm.. This is my house now. Kaise naa aata? ( how would I stop myself from coming?)

She just hoped not to faint. He ..he is their new owner?

Arnav: Welcome nahi karogi mujhe?? Khuuussshii?

His husky tone especially uttering her name was just not a good sign for her.