#77 Inner Voice..!

There is a gentle voice calling out to my heart these days.

I hear it mostly in my sleep, but sometimes if I pay attention. I hear it whisper in the daylight.

It is urging me to come home.

It has noticed I have strayed too far from my true desires. It has noticed I have been acting in ways that are not aligned with what I truly want, and how I truly feel.

It has noticed I am running on an empty tank. Lighting a candle so bright, the flame burns through the wax mercilessly.

It has noticed I am lighting this candle in every room that is not mine. never allowing myself to stand in the warmth I am so desperately trying to create.

It has noticed that I have stopped singing and watching the colors of the sky change in the evenings.

It is asking me why I have not visited for so long?

I can sense the worry in its voice, and it breaks my heart. For I too know it's been a long time since I've been home.

"What if I'm too late? What if everything has changed?"

"Everything has changed. The home you are returning to is not the same one you've left. You see the old home was perfect as it was for who you were at the time. The new home, it is smaller and quieter, but it is exactly perfect for who you are right now. And even when it seems it is too late, the doors to home will always be open for you".

"Come now, it is time you lit a candle. Only this time, choose one that burns slowly, choose one with your favourite scent. It's time for you to stand in its' warmth and bask in its' glow. It is time you came home to yourself".