| 8

⚠️ T/w: mild violence, family conflict, and addiction issues ⚠️
______________________________________
Later in the evening~

Eliza got to her house after making only 20 coins that day. The triplets didn't come out to meet her as usual, which was weird. She quickly entered the house, thinking something was wrong.

"Don! Giselle! Sierra!" She called them. She heard tiny footsteps scurrying around in her room. She smiled, relieved, and went to her room. She opened the door and saw a mess. The triplets paused in their tracks and stared at her.

Eliza was dumbfounded. She entered her room and stared at it in horror. The triplets gulped and looked down at their feet.

When they came back from school, they met the door to Eliza's room opened, and the room was in a huge mess. The triplets probably knew that it was their brother who did this because, yesterday night, they heard the conversation between him and Eliza. They didn't want Eliza to be angry, so they decided to cover for their stupid brother, hoping Eliza would at least calm down, thinking they were the ones who did this.

After all, they are just kids. Eliza would understand that.

"What happened?" Eliza spoke, and the triplets looked at themselves and gulped.

"We were playing tag, so we entered your room to hide." Don spoke while the other two nodded. Eliza looked around the room; her dresser was opened, her bed was tipped over, and her clothes were all on the floor. This wasn't the mess three kids playing tag would make. She instantly knew what was going on.

She walked to the triplets and hugged them. The triplets thought that their plan was a success. They secretly celebrated and high-fived one another.

"You don't need to lie." Eliza said that and released them from the hug. The kids frowned; they thought their plan was a success. "I definitely know what happened."

"But it's true!" They chorused

"No, it's not." Eliza went to her dresser and climbed it. The kids were watching her as she did this. Eliza stuck her hand in the hole, and just as she suspected, her savings were gone.

"Marcus stole all my money." Eliza said sadly, and the triplets gasped. They suddenly felt angry with their brother. Eliza got down from the dresser and walked towards them.

"Go relax, I will take care of this mess." The triplets felt sad, but they knew Eliza wanted space, so they walked out of her room and closed the door behind them.

She picked up her clothes on the floor and arranged them back into her dresser. She got to her bed and tipped it back.

She arranged her bedspread and her pillows, and in a few minutes, her room was back to the way it was before. She sighed and sat on her bed, feeling sad, dejected, and extremely angry.

The triplets were outside her room with their ears pressed to the door, listening to whatever was on inside.

"She's surprisingly quiet." Giselle whispered. "I am scared of her silence." The boys nodded in agreement with their sister. Marcus enters the house sluggishly with his head down, a telltale sign of his misfortune. Eliza senses his home and comes out to meet him.

"Don! Sierra! Giselle! To your room. I want to talk to your brother." Eliza said it coldly. The triplets did not wait an extra second and immediately dashed into their room, locking the door.

Eliza looked at Marcus coldly. Marcus internally cursed because he knew he was in deep trouble.

"Eliza, H-how was your day?" He stuttered, feeling uneasy with the way Eliza stared at him.