"What are you-" she couldn't finish her sentence when she realized his fingers were sensually tracing her back. Startled, she quickly backed away, leaving him confused.

❄️

She emerged from the bathroom and spotted him sleeping on the couch. She smiled a little because, despite her bad behavior, he was still being a good man for now, leaving everything behind. She moved to the bed and drifted off to sleep.

After realizing the lights had turned off, he opened his eyes and saw her sleeping.

| Vivaan |

I always used to wonder what it would be like to watch you sleep, to be this close to you, to have you by my side.

Now, I want to experience what it would be like to hold you in my arms, to be loved by you and cuddle with you. But I have to take things slowly in order to keep you safe from my inner beast.

I just hope, Amisha, that you won't do anything to provoke the darker side of me.
Sleeping on the couch is only for tonight because I know how tired you are, and I didn't want to further exhaust you by arguing.

I will address it tomorrow, but for now, goodnight, my wife.

He whispered these words and gently placed a soft kiss on her forehead as she peacefully slept, completely unaware.

The next morning, she had to complete all the remaining rituals, from "muh dikhai"

("Face Unveiling." It is a traditional ceremony in which the bride is formally introduced to everyone after wedding.)

to "pehli rasoi." ("First Meal." It is a traditional ritual where the newly married bride prepares her first meal in her husband's house.)

She was so busy that Vivaan couldn't find the time to talk to her. He was eagerly waiting for the evening for their reception party.

She was getting ready, already dressed, but she couldn't tie the knot of her blouse.

Frustrated, she wondered why these blouses always had knots in places her fingers couldn't reach.

Just then, Vivaan entered the room and noticed her struggling with the blouse. How could he have missed this?

He quickly approached her and tied the knot for her. As she felt him tying the knot, she lowered her gaze, feeling nervous under his intense stare reflected in the mirror.

"It seems like the knots are on my side," he said, and she looked at him through the mirror.

"Now, let's go. Everyone must be waiting for us," she said, but he stopped her.

"You're always in a hurry. Look, in your rush to get away from me, you haven't fully gotten ready," he said, and she mentally smacked her head.

He chuckled and added, " I'm leaving. I'll be waiting for you downstairs, so be quick." He winked at her, and for some unknown reason, her cheeks turned red. Fortunately, he didn't notice as he walked out.

She descended the stairs, causing him to freeze in his tracks. She truly looked like a princess at that moment-absolutely stunning.

 She truly looked like a princess at that moment-absolutely stunning