The System, Jimin, and I

| Minjeong

「Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to an exciting night filled with electrifying performances and incredible talent. I am your admin, Boa, and I am absolutely thrilled to be your guide through this journey of discovering the next generation of K-pop sensations.」

On the huge TV screen in front of me, Boa introduced herself when a famous actor appeared backstage and stood next to her with a charming smile, which caused loud cheers from the audience.

The cheers were so loud that I could hear them from here in real-time.

I was told to wait in a secluded room until it was time for me to perform since I had been kept a secret from everyone. I felt a bit nervous since I would be performing with the judges, and this was my final moment in the competition.

Unlike the others, I was aware of my guaranteed debut thanks to the show's unexpected turn. I could even say that it was a miracle.

Although I was sure that I was going to get criticized after this, but heck... As someone like me who disregarded the idea of being an idol to stamping it as a goal throughout this competition due to the system— it was as if Squidward hated his neighbors all of his life, only to admit he grew attached to them.

With these thoughts spiraling inside my head, I adjusted the earpiece on my ear and focused back on the TV screen.

「Boa: It's been many months, and time has passed quickly. We're already in the final episode.」

「Actor: Yeah, I couldn't believe it. I'm one of the active viewers, and even if I expected this show to end later, I loved it so much that a part of me just wanted it to continue for a little bit longer. Yet, I'm delighted to have been given this chance to host this last episode.」

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

When I finished fixing my earpiece, I instantly turned my head toward the sudden knocks on the door. I furrowed my brows because of this, as I wasn't informed that a staff would come back for me.

So, it couldn't be them.

However, that's when a thought came into my mind.

[ Skill Activated ]
<Glitch>
Uses Remaining: 1
+ Skill is on cooldown for the next 15hrs
!! The user disabled all cameras inside the room !!

"You did it, didn't you? What did you do?"

The culprit of the knocking asked the moment she stepped into the room and locked the door, facing me. She was dressed in black and red attire, with punk-style makeup. It was apparent that she was one of the competitors— as I had anticipated.

After what I've done while experiencing life for the second time, thanks to Yizhuo, I expected her to come to me sooner or later. I just didn't think it would be this early. Did her beloved appear already?

"Minjeong, what did you do?"

Heejin asked me again and took a step closer to where I sat. Well, it wasn't like she was angry at me or anything. Rather, she looked confused and somehow scared. I wasn't sure how to react, so I only smiled at her.

"How did you know that I was here? Did you see the future?"

"Yeah, I knew you'd be here since we arrived at Incheon." Heejin shook her head, "But that's not the point! Did you do it or not? Please, I want to know... we don't have much time."

I stood up and gave her shoulder a comforting pat, noticing the sincerity and urgency in her expression.

"Yep, I did it. Did Hyunjin show herself to you already? Did you notice anything with the system?"