24 | Plans & Distractions

We are makers, girls who will shine brightly. I'm sure all of you are aware of this line— it's the first line of the theme song. And that's going to be the concept of the second mission.」

!!!

「As an idol, it's a must to have the ability to make an unknown song blow up

「As an idol, it's a must to have the ability to make an unknown song blow up. Well, rationally, it's not needed. But it increases the chances of your group gaining as much popularity as possible.」

While those words flashback into Minjeong's mind, inside what seemed like a pitch-black abyss. Two windows were floating before her eyes.

She couldn't help but gulp and gaze at the intriguing choices. A permanent skill? That could benefit her greatly, depending on what skill she would earn.

But what's with the Ent. Goddess, all of a sudden? Something was up since she rarely reached out like this to offer a permanent skill. Minjeong's gut felt terrible, and she didn't like it.

「So, to choose an almost unknown song among the unpopular groups, your primary mission is to blow it up. To shine brightly, those who have the most votes globally. Will win this round, good luck!」

Scratching the back of her head, Minjeong sat down on the black barrier-like floor and stared at the windows for a long moment. Then, she began to think of the possibilities. Two things appeared in her mind.

One, if she were to accept the offer and win the challenge. Then, depending on the skill, there's a might that she could use it for the competition— like a cheat card. This thought caused Minjeong's lips to curl up.

Whereas, two, the smile on her face instantly disappeared. If she fails the challenge, there's a big chance that the penalties wouldn't be as easy. Maybe revoking four levels? Could be anything.

But then again, what made the Goddess reach out to her like this? Could the mysterious entity be playing with her? Minjeong groaned as she stood up and eyed the [No] option reluctantly.

"Damn, okay. Screw it."

Covering her eyes with a hand yet looking through a small gap, Minjeong pressed the [Yes] option and watched the windows dissipate into the black air in replacement of a mission window.

[I'm The Best ]
Upon completing the challenge, the player will receive a random S-tier skill.
+ Condition: Win the second round's mission or individual votes.
+ Penalty: Chosen stat will reset to F- rank.

F rank?!

Isn't that a bit too much? Now it has become real. If she loses this one, she may have to give up a stat from her current to F. It was a dangerous gamble because earning experience was getting harder the more she levels up.

Well, that sucks. Minjeong scratched her cheek inhabit and breathed out a sigh of discomfort. There was nothing she could do. Nevertheless, she bore the challenge, and it was only fair to face the punishment.