20 | You're Not Alone

Preparing for the food was hectic. With only the four of them, of course, there would be a lot of casualties. But thanks to the system, Minjeong was able to solve all of that without any difficulties.

She got to check brief information about the three girls on what they were good at which benefited her primarily.

Aeri is terrible at cooking and can only help with the ingredients by either cutting or measuring them.

Yizhuo can cook everyday food casually without any problems.

Jimin who's unexpectedly better between the two due to her father being a world-class chef. 

And Minjeong, being the best among the three would be the one who'd guide and give them orders in a particular dish. A few staff who had nothing to do decided to help, and she couldn't be more than thankful.

So far so good.

Everything was cooked at this point and the only ones left were the desserts which happen to be Jimin's specialty. So seeing the latter enjoy her time while preparing them, captivated Minjeong.

Somehow, she got aware of her surroundings and lowkey glanced— Jimin looked good with an apron.

Minjeong smiled inside of her thoughts and nonchalantly said, "Whoever you're going to marry is damn lucky."

"Hm, really?" Jimin chuckled whilst putting drips around a cake, "It's the same as you too."

"Ermm, I don't know about that." Thinking it was okay to break off her poker face, Minjeong snickered. "Gotta make money first, love later."

"Hoaahh... I see I see," Jimin hummed in response.

"Oh oh oh! We talking about love now?" After finishing decorating the cupcakes, Aeri turned her focus on the two girls and asked with excitement. "What are y'all types?"

Minjeong just went with the current mood and answered honestly, "Doesn't matter." she shrugged. "As long as that person gets along with me."

Jimin opened the fridge to get a few plums, "I just like those who try their best, even when they're afraid..." she paused before continuing. "Someone who makes me feel safe."

Yizhuo began washing her hands, "There's rarely any love in the pro gaming world." she laughed when turning off the faucet. "We're always told to practice, no time for that." and dried her hands with a towel.

Aeri covered her mouth as a small gasp slipped through, "Oh right, almost forgot that you're a pro player hehe... If you don' mind me asking, what made you compete here?"

Yizhuo raised her brows and looked at the other two, "Is she this nosy?"

Minjeong and Jimin nodded their heads in unison.

Aeri solely laughed, "Sorry in advance~" she clapped her hands together and subtly bowed.

Yizhuo was in disbelief yet gave in with a sigh, chuckling. "Alright, since you asked so casually."

When she cleared her throat, everyone and the staff directed the camera towards their way. Yizhuo felt no pressure whatsoever as she was already used to them and spoke.

"My family is full of Olympians... so I used to take gymnastics but, I never liked it. Then I indulged myself in gaming and ended up turning it into a career... and this happened."

Aeri settled a chin on her palm, nodding. "You loved singing since the very beginning so you auditioned here?"

Yizhuo raised a brow, "Ah, you knew? Why the heck did you even ask?"

"Hehe, sorry again." Aeri chuckled nervously, "I'm actually a fan."

Yizhuo was shocked by the revelation and turned her back to look at the two girls who were finishing up with the dessert, and as if instinct, Jimin sensed the gaze and laughed.

She said how Aeri was addicted to playing PUBG, thus her best friend might be indeed a fan of hers. Aeri then admitted this and offered a hand to Yizhuo in a request for a handshake which the latter shook, filling her with internal delight.