Chapter 16

It was late afternoon, and I was already leaving work, I drove to the auto shop and got out of my car slamming the door. Jax saw me from the car he was working on as I headed to the club house, and he went to follow me. I walked through the cub house ignoring the hellos or people questioning why I was back already. I walked into the bedroom and slammed the door throwing my purse across the room and started angrily getting undressed. Jax came walking in as I threw my suit jacket on the floor.

"Darlin! What the fuck?!" Jax said and I turned to look at him.

"They fired me!" I said and he looked at me shocked.

"What?! Why?!" Jax asked and I just glared at him.

"Because someone wouldn't let me go to work and made me take more time off! They said I had taken too much off and they need someone reliable." I said and Jax groaned.

"Okay, so you got fired. Good!"

"Good?! Good?! How the hell am I supposed to pay bills Jax?! I have a house payment, I have a car payment and bills for the house. I can't stay here forever!" I said annoyed.

"No but you can move in with me at my house." Jax said and I groaned.

"Come on, be serious." I said.

"I am! Move in with me!" Jax voice since my voice was still raised and I just stopped everything I was doing and looked at him.

"You're serious?" I asked and Jax walked over to me and gripped my waist pulling me to him with a little force, my hands ended up flats on his chest.

"Of course, I'm serious. You can come here and hang out during the day, and we go home at night. On nights I may be gone I will have someone stay with you at my house." Jax said and I sighed.

"I don't know..." I said and Jax gripped my chin making me looked at him.

"You're my old lady now, we need to fully make this official and move in together." Jax grumbled and I just looked at him. His eyes looked dark, a look I had never seen from him before and I wasn't sure what was going on.

"I want to think about it." I said and Jax clenched his jaw.

"Why are you being defiant?" Jax asked.

"I'm not being defiant Jax. You just want me to change my life and forget everything about my old life with the snap of your fingers" I said.

"I just want you safe! We don't know who did this to you and I feel helpless!" Jax said getting pissed and that's when it hit me how hard he was taking this. I stood on my tip toes and touched my lips to his gently. Once we broke apart, he just looked at me.

"Please don't feel helpless, at least I was found, and you were the first person I saw when I woke up, the only one I would have wanted to see." I said and he gave a small smile leaning down and kissing me again. As we made out, I pushed the coverall shirt he had been working in off and he started to undo my pants. As we were backing towards the bed, there was a knock on the door. Jax growled.

"What?!" He asked and I smiled shaking my head.

"I need to talk to Jules." Clay said and I sighed.

"I'll be right there." I said. Jax went to kiss me, and I stopped him.

"I need to change and then go see what Clay needs." I said and Jax sighed but nodded. I grabbed a pair of jeans but left my black tank top on that I wore to work. I changed into some tennis shoes and headed out to the club house with Jax right behind me.

Before I could find Clay, Tig came walking in the club house, he hadn't been there when I arrived. I stopped walking and Jax almost ran into me when I did.