Chapter 8

It was Monday morning, and I was getting ready to leave for work when my cellphone started to ring.

"Hello?" I asked.

There was no answer.

"Hello?" I asked again annoyed. They hung up and I groaned just grabbing everything and heading to work. As I pulled out of the driveway, I noticed a motorcycle following me. I sighed and pulled my phone out and called the body shop since I didn't have my dads number.

"Teller – Morrow auto shop." I heard the female voice said and I knew it was Gemma.

"Hey Gemma, it's Jules." I said.

"Hey sweetie, you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, is my dad there though?" I asked.

"Yeah, give me one second." Gemma said. I heard her call out the open door for my dad. Soon he was picking up the phone.

"Jules? You okay?" Alexander asked.

"Yeah, I'm on my way to work and there is a guy on a bike following me. Would this be a friend of yours?" I asked and he sighed.

"Just looking out for you." He said and I sighed.

"I'm fine, you can call him off." I said.

"I can't do that Jules, I'm sorry. He will make sure you get to work okay and then follow you home." He said and I groaned.

"Is there a reason I need a tail?" I asked.

"No, not technically. I just want to make sure your safe. I got you back and need to keep it that way." Alexander said.

"Fine. Can I ask his name?" I asked.

"He goes by Juice."

"Juice? Um...okay." I said.

"Just accept it okay?" Alexander asked.

"Sure Tig..." I said and he laughed.

"Wow...going to call me Tig now?"

"Everyone else does." I said.

"You're right."

I sighed as I stopped at a red light, I looked in my rearview mirror and waved at the guy, he chuckled and waved back.

"Okay, well I just let him know I know he is there and I'm on my way to work." I said.

"Have a good day crunching numbers." Alexander said and I laughed, and we hung up.

I continued on my drive to work and once I parked the biker followed me in. I got out of my car and looked at the guy on the bike he had since turned off.

"You staying all day?" I asked and she shook his head.

"No but I will be back when you get off to make sure you get home." Juice said and I sighed.

"How do you know when I get off?" I asked. He didn't say anything and just drove away when he started the bike. I groaned and headed into the office. Once I got to my desk, I sighed and knew it was time to get back to the grind of the office.

🖤 🖤 🖤

After all the stares, people coming up to me and giving condolences or telling me they were happy to see me back, I was just ready to go home. I walked outside but I didn't see the bike anywhere and I sighed a sigh of relief. As I was getting in my car my cellphone started to ring. I pulled it from my purse.

"Hello?" I asked.

Silence...

"Hello?" I asked again and they hung up. I was so tired of these calls. I never had this many no answer hang up calls in my life. I pulled from my parking space and headed home with no tail, wasn't sure where he was but I was nice not to have one.

Once I got home, I walked inside and kicked off my heels. As I sat on the couch looking through the mail from the mailbox my cellphone started to ring again. I groaned.

"Listen asshole, the calling and not answering is getting really fucking annoying! Either say something this time or I'm going to hunt you down, cut off your dick and shove it in your mouth." I said annoyed.

"That would be kind of hard sweetheart because I don't have a dick for you to cut off." Gemma said and I said throwing my head back on my couch.

"Sorry Gemma, I've been getting hang up calls. They let me say hello twice and then hang up." I said and she sighed.

"Stupid telemarketers." Gemma said and I huffed a laugh.

"Yeah, most likely." I said. "Hey is everything okay?" I asked and she sighed.

"It's your dad..." She said and my heart stopped.

"What happened?"

"He was involved in a little altercation, and he was shot. Nothing serious...he is alive and fine, but he wanted me to call you and tell you." She said and I groaned.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"Jules, you don't need to -..."

"I do! He is the only parent I have! Where is he?!" I asked.

"Just come to the auto body shop." Gemma said and I sighed hanging up. I rushed upstairs and put on some jeans and a black t-shirt. I needed out of the business suit. I didn't even remember really leaving my house or driving to the auto shop, but I pulled up and parked. I got out of my car and was met by Jax. His face was bruised and bloody.

"What happened to you?!" I asked and I gripped his chin gently moving his face side to side. He gently removed my hand from his chin.

"I'm fine. You didn't need to come Jules. I told Gemma not to call you." Jax said.

"He's my father Jax!" I said annoyed.

"This isn't the place for you to be right now." Jax said annoyed.

"I don't care Jax!" I said raising my voice.

"Jackson!" Gemma yelled getting both of our attention.

"She needs to know..." Clay added standing beside her. Jax didn't say anything just motioned for me to walk in front of him. I walked up to Gemma and Clay standing at a closed door.

"What you see behind these doors goes no further...you got that?" Clay asked menacingly and I coward back slightly but bumped into Jax.

"She's fine Clay, I'm sure she can handle it." Gemma said.

Clay opened the doors and I walked into a bar, not a normal bar at all. There were guys wearing leather vests, hard looking mean and some as what can only be termed as sluts walking around and jail booking pictures of people framed on the walls. Everyone stopped and looked at me semi shocked that I walked in. I saw the guy from this morning who followed me to work.

"What is this place?" I asked.

"This is the Sons of Anarchy MC club house." Jax said.