Part 84: Two Words

Start from the beginning

"Haven't seen you in Brixton," Stella says coyly.

"Henry suggested I move out of Brixton completely."

"Are you?" Sophie asks.

"I said no, so we are thinking of subletting--"

"We?!"

"I mean, me, I am--" you roll your eyes at them. "Stop it!"

They all burst into laughter.

"He might ask you, you know," Sophia says softly. 

"With all that has happened, he might just be afraid of letting you go back to Edenvale," Stella speculates. "I mean, he is really protective of you, you know." She looks at Chiru and Sophia, nodding with assurance. "I've seen it for myself."

"Really?" Chiru's eyes widen. "What happened?"

"Uh, okay!" you laugh shakily. "Here's the tea. So, which is it-rum or bourbon?"

"Ohhhh!" They stop talking to pick their poison and garnishes.

Chiru drinks half of her first cup. "I love these kind of tea parties. Not enough of them if you ask me." 

"I agree!" Sophia sips and closes her eyes for a moment. "Lovely--"

There is a knock at the door, and you go to open it. All goes quiet.

"Taking Kal out," he says, looking inside.

"Oh, okay," you nod.

He sniffs you and gives a smirk. "I thought this was a tea party."

Everyone giggles.

"It is," you nod.

"Uh...huh." his eyebrows raise, giving him the look of disbelief.

"Come on in!" Stella calls.

"Oh, no, thank you," he chuckles. "I know a lionesses' den when I see one."

They all laugh.

"Or maybe henhouse?" he teases you softly.

"No, just being silly," you shake your head. "hurry back?" 

He gives you a quick peck on the lips and leaves.

You close your door, and return to the festivities.

"Hit me--" Churi raises her empty cup. You play bartender as she asks, "When we video chatted the other day, you said Henry added an elliptical and row machine to his exercise room--"

"And weights!" Sophie adds. "Little lady-sized weights."

"I'm not good at math, but this is all adding up, here," Stella nods. "You've been here for almost two weeks. He adds your favorite exercise machines and gives you a room?"

"Pick out the china, girl!" Chiru toasts you.

"I say he wants you to move in," Sophia says. 

You realize that if you don't change the subject you will be the subject for the total visit, and honestly that's not fun for you. You shrug dismissively, and say, "Time will tell. Do you think we can get together at least twice a month to ride?"

The change in conversation is a success, thank goodness, and you are happy to have future dates set with your girlfriends as well as a few tentative ones to travel to France or Italy. You try to keep the prices down for Stella's sake. She stays behind to help clean up after Chiru and Sophia leave.

"I may not be able to go," Stella shakes her head sadly.

"Of course you can go," you say simply. "That's why I said you can room with me."