Chapter 48: WTH, WTF

"Brock?" you call out. "Brock?" It's terribly quiet at the waterfall. You know that's where he said to meet you. You are not checking the text again. "Brock?"

Suddenly, like some titan out of the water comes Brock. He whips his hair back. "Hey."

You swallow hard. He is really, really hot, and you find yourself unable to take your eyes off him.

 He is really, really hot, and you find yourself unable to take your eyes off him

 "Hey."

"Come on, now." He holds out his hands.

"In the water?"

"No, on top of it," he smiles gently. "I want to see how bad your knee injury was and since we have no hydrotherapy pool, this will have to do."

You now realize why he told you to come in a dark leggings and a tee...ah, and water shoes. You thought you would get your feet wet but it's more than that.

"Come on, now."

You wade into the water.

"Faster."

You push through, feeling your legs cut through the water and you almost fall on him.

"Whoa!" he laughs. "Ready?"

 "Ready?"

"Yeah."

You have no trouble with walking back ward and forward. You had discomfort on walking side to side.

"You're twisting." He tells you, and takes your hands. "Straight ahead, okay?"

You nod and do it. "It's better."

"You danced at one time."

"Yeah—"

"Hence the twist," he smiles. "Dancers are almost always goin' somewhere." He gives you a warm look. "Alright, squats."

These hurt a little. He sees it on your face.

"I gotcha," he nods, his hold firm but not too tight as he faces you. "It's okay." He begins squatting with you and he takes you deeper in the water. Your head is barely above water each time, but you make it. "Good." He brings you out of the water by walking backward. "Float...hold."