Oh my goodness, breath Kayla.

The harder I think on it only makes me sound like a nut job who clearly fuck anyone willing to satisfy my weird kinks.

Pausing my lip. "Mmh hmm." I nod.

Zimra cover my hand with hers. "Look, I know ever since Cole's stepbrother came into the picture you have been more secretive."

"You hardly talk about anything... Him."

Her lips pause as she gaze at me.

"And when you think I am not watching, that is when I see more."

Of course, she did take notice of my numerous mood swings.

Some days I am getting high on orgasms and other days I do question myself what exactly are we doing playing house?

"I only prefer not to say anything." She continues having a weary look.

"Just need to let you know I will always have your back no matter what."

Chuckling. "Relax. I do not have anything with Zayn. Not anymore."

Accusing. She gasp out loud. "So, you did had something together?"

Instead, I bite my lower lip dismissing the entire conversation.

Dark eyes falls heavy on me, unwavering and unopposed.

Humorless. "What?"

"Oh, nothing." We see Maliq makes his way towards our table with a server behind us.

He halt in front of us. Grinning. "Okay ladies, what do you think?"

Two set of plates are placed in front of us. Maliq eyes watch me pick a fork going for the kill.

"Mmmh!" I moan at first bite.

A perfect blend of spices. Not over cooked nor under cooked, it melts into my mouth.

"What about this?" Replacing the last plate with an even finer dish.

This time a soup or porridge. Can't tell, using the spoon to scoop out of the bowl.

"Uhhh!" Zim laugh dropping her now empty bowl of soup.

Glaring hard at her.

This is an art which should not be rushed but slowly enjoying every taste and blend of spices that makes the dish even better.

Maliq chuckles at her eagerness. "Okay, last one. Be explicitly honest." He sings.

Mouth full. "Why are you so good at this?" I commend him.

Refraining from turning myself into a moaning mess in his opening night.

Maliq drop low placing a kiss to my chin before occupying the space beside me wounding his arm on my waist.

"These are my newly created signature dishes and I kept it as your personal sample."

Soft kiss flatter my exposed skin causing me to blush heavily.

Zim butts in. "Can I hire you? Name your price before I take you back with me for free."

The throw little talks back and forth as my smile grows bigger till it begin to hurt.

Whispering to his ear. "Congratulations on your opening, Mal."

Slowly his soft gaze catch mine. I didn't know what to say looking into his eyes.

Everything at this moment seems surreal. My heart beats louder, feeling the flush on my face.

His eyes warms its way into my heart praying I am not as red as a tomato this very instant.

This is one beautiful man sitting right to me as I admire the successful business owner.

Suddenly, Maliq speaks. "Come. I want to show you to my friends in London."

"Ohhh." Snapping my gaze to my friend whom I forgot sat with us.

Rolling my eyes. "Shut up!"

"I will bring her back." Maliq grins whisking me away into the crowd.

Have you ever smiled so hard that it start to hurt? Yes, everyone of his friends wants to meet his mysterious American.

The way some of them play and makes joke about him had me in fits.

This is the one time I see him bashful, that means they really do matter to him.

It wasn't long after a live band climb the stage. One by one the floor got occupied with dance partners.

"Can I have this dance?" He ask manly offering his hand which I gladly accept.

Leading me to the center, Maliq twirls me. "You didn't have to do this." I comment.

"What? Bring you here to celebrate my new restaurant?" He dips me raising me up slowly and another twirl.

"Thank you." I say, wrapping my arms on his neck.

Swooning at a heartfelt kiss on my lips. "No, I should be the one thanking you." Pulling away. "Peter is staring hard at you."

Following his gaze up to his friend who in fact stare right at me. "You think I charmed him?" I question playfully.

Pulling me closer. "It worked on me, remember?"

We laugh it off dancing the night away while I dread what is to come next.

Hugging him closer, a girl can only wish she stays this way forever having this feeling with her special one.

The more I prolong it, the harder it gets to face the truth if what we have ends here in London.

"Maliq, I'm tired. Can we go home?" He nods, walking away.

Soon, he thanks everyone for gracing his invitation then calling it a night.

Meanwhile, my heart beats faster feeling my palms sweat in a nervous wreck.

I don't want to do this.

I have to do this!

I don't want to do this.

I have to do this!

The thoughts plague my mind dying to run out of here than face the look on his face when I reveal to him the truth.

Zimra was dropped off to our hotel deciding to spend the night with Maliq for the sake of this.

Who would have thought I am this close to losing the man of my dreams over a silly event that took place in my life.

Cheers up, K. He might be open in consideration that was in the past.

You are mine, Kayla. What we have is not yet over till I say so. Make no mistake to forget.

Don't know how long I zoned out just to snap back hearing the jingle of keys.

Maliq unlocks the door to his home.

Breathing hard. "Mal, I need to tell you something. Please don't freak out." He pause.

The real question now is... Can the past leave me alone?