17

The ex, Bianca.

She wears this sickly sweet smile on her face strutting towards us. Her strawberry blonde hair that flows with the wind made me jealous why I have my curls in an up do in the first place.

Black Chanel two piece contrast her pale white skin matching a black pair Yeezy on her feet. I couldn’t look away even if I want to and she dared me by watching me tauntingly.

“Cole. How nice to see you again.” She feigns losing her foot dropping on Cole who catch her in quick reflex. God forbid she breaks her five hundred thousand dollar surgery face lift.

With edge. “Bianca.” Cole greets helping her stand on her feet. She chuckles in a flirty manner batting her lashes, purple manicured fingers reach for her hair toying with the sum.

“Oh, Kayla.” Bianca sings my name. “I did not see you there, sorry.” Her Cheshire grin grows bigger probably waiting for me to snap at her or rile up my emotion. I just wasn’t in the mood.

I have Zimra to fight my battles in such cases; but today is for Cole, and I don’t want to ruin his big moment with the club coaches that will pick interest in him tonight.

Besides, I have Cole all to myself to fret about a blonde Barbie he left for me.

“Don’t worry, I saw you quiet alright, Bianca. Matter of fact, I believe everyone in the field and on the bleachers saw your knickers peeping behind that skirt of yours.”

Her face quickly morphs into an old witch similar to the villains you see in Disney movies due to her heavy makeup. I will pick Ursula from the little mermaid if you ask me, laughing inside my head.

She looks at Cole who just stares right back her. I say. “Good luck, babe. Love you.” Coles gaze shift to me planting a chaste kiss on my head.

“Later.” He says. Astonished, I watch him run into the field for the bench where most of his teammates stood leaving me without a…

Sucking my lip… and, what does he mean by later?

What happened to, I love you more. I love you. I will win for you. Never take your eyes off me.

Those were the words my sexy football captain profess before any of his games begin. To me, it is an assurance our love will keep blossoming.

My heart warms as butterflies swarms my belly leaving my face a flaming mess. Now, it is just cold.

Is it because of her? Something heavy clogs my throat at that thought prompting me to swallow down the bile about to spew out of my mouth.

Calm down, Kay. He is mostly antsy for his game like Zimra said and needs a breather. Tonight will determine his future.

Okay. Okay, Cole is stressed. My mind is simply playing tricks on me.

With that, I held my shoulder high turning to the direction of my best girl whom I can bet my last lunch on is keenly focused on the little drama that just took place.

Zim offers a share of the diet coke and popcorn as soon as I situate myself on the seat. “What is she playing at?”

Using her head, she shows where Bianca sat two row below us on our left laughing with her group of friends I know that are familiar with Cole.

It pained me I was the odd one in the mix who came and stole Cole from them.

From her.

Deep down, I knew Cole entertained them more than me. Protected, vouch for them more than me.

Bianca was perfect while I am too good to be true, hence the trust issue on my end.

He just has a way of pretending till when he accuse me of cheating, we end up fighting then he spills the beans of what they feed him about me.