44

Most times I imagine what my life would have turned into without Cole in the picture. Yes, Cole.

He is the one who got me into this mess, technically. From leaving me at his step brother's place to being an absolute ass for the rest of the holiday period, then ruining my chances of a life I always saw myself living.

I hear my best friend sing along with the radio yet it seems it is only her lips that moves with no sound falling out.

Don't know how long she has been singing or driving; I just need to deal...

"So, what is going on between you and your ex-boyfriend hot billionaire step brother?" I hear faintly, tilting my head just to catch a quick glance from her before her eyes focus back on the road.

A nanosecond has me second guessing if to spill the beans all on her and watch her brain turn mush from all the information, or withhold some part of the truth since the contract still binds Zayn and myself.

Sighing. Plopping my elbow on the window. "I made a deal with Zayn." Breathing heavily. "And I think... I think Cole is trying to do something with the information."

Cole's blue eyes hardened with so much envy and jealousy that it seeps off him finding out his brother and I were together for a long Vegas weekend.

I should have asked how he got hold of that photo seeing that Zayn is not one to entertain the paps, even that night or the other nights, he made absolute sure we were not seen by the public.

He is that careful when it comes to exposing his dirty linen to the public.

So, how did he get a picture of us in a very reserved party of elites?

Did Zayn do this on purpose? Let us get filmed and have it sent to his brother because I ended our mutual agreement.

Is Zayn Bottega that petty?

After what transpired in the suite, Zayn has no right to act rash in such a childish manner just to spite me.

Snapping me out of my shallow thoughts.  Zims pries further. "What information? And why?" You can hear the curiosity in her voice.

Trying to understand what I have possibly involved myself in. Crazy how I do not know the answer to that too.

Did I successfully jump out of crazy simply to dive freely into insane?

Who truly is Zayn, and how far can he go to get what he wants?

There is only one person who will give me the answer to my question looking ahead to see her wheel in front his skyscraper.

My eyes shifts to my best friend who wearily settles her brown eyes on me once she parked. "I am sorry. I am sorry, Zim. It's just that I can say no more."

Slowly, I see her head move in motion telling me she understands and won't pressure me to talk even though she wants to know more judging from the look in her eyes.

Like they all say, our eyes are the window to our soul, and my friend has more spoken words from the look on her face than the words she utters.

Fixing a soft smile to her lip. "Okay, fine. But will you tell me why we are driving to Bottega tower... sorry, in front of his building." 

A light chuckle escape her lips.

Crouching her neck low, a hard frown soon replace soft gesture creasing her brows in the process as she gets a view of Bottega tower wearing a skeptical grim look.

Drawing close, planting a kiss on her right cheek. "I need to fix this before it goes public or Cole does something stupid." Either way I am fucked.

Once again, she nods very far off from grasping anything I said so far.