045.

045. | AT THE HANDS OF IRIS GILBERT

"Get up." Iris shook the sleep body beside her. "Get up, Kol."

"It's so early." He groans.

"Come on. We're going to Davina to see if she can save you." Iris rushes around the room to find her shoes.

"Iris—"

"Don't!" She turns to Kol. "Do not try to talk me out of it. I need you alive, Kol. I can't go through this again."

"There's nothing Davina can do, darling." He stands up out of the bed. "You have to let me go."

"I just got you back!" She shouts. "And now— and now you're leaving again? It isn't fair. Davina will know what to do. She'll help."

Kol sighs as he watches the girl continue to get dressed. He knew there was no saving his life, and watching Iris have hope that he could be saved hurt him. But regardless, he got dressed also.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●

"You guys totally saved my ass." The couple heard Josh say as they entered the room that belonged to Davina.

"Yeah, well, don't mention." Kol says as he tosses a blood bag to the vampire. "There you go. Here's a little go-juice. So you should be, uh, well, going."

Davina laughs a bit before hugging the boy bye. "See you later, Josh." Iris spoke.

"So where were you guys yesterday?" Davina folds her arms over her chest as she looks at the couple.

"Oh, you know—" Kol shrugs.

"Being heroes, saving the day. The usual." Iris finishes.

"Oh, and you guys didn't think I could help?" Davina questions.

"That's... why were here now, D." Iris speaks up, the energy in the room immediately shifting.

"What's up?" The witch questions, becoming more serious now.

"Iris." Kol speaks up, pulling her to the side and whispering in her ear.

"It... can wait." Iris groans. "Kol would like you guys to finish the dagger before I tell you."

"What if I want you to tell me now?" Davina raises an eyebrow at the girl.

"Then you won't have time to make the dagger later." She sighs.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●

"Are you ready?" Kol questions the girl.

"I don't know. Never done this before, remember?" She brings the ingredients over for the spell.

"Well, I've never actually completed the spell itself, but then... I've never had an accomplice quite as powerful as you." Kol tells her.

"So, let's do it then." Davina tells her.

"Guys—"

"We're not cursing you, Iris!" They say at the same time.

"It's not that." She glares at them. "I feel like I'm betraying Klaus by being here... so I'm gonna go."