024.

024. | SUBCONSCIOUS SPEAKING

"What's the sire bond?" Iris asked the half sleep vampire next to her.

"What?" he muttered, his face still in the pillow.

"Well, apparently my sister is sired to Damon because his blood turned her, but they didn't explain what the sire bond is." Iris explains.

Kol groans before sitting up. "Basically, she does whatever Damon wants her to. Like Tyler and Klaus."

"I thought Tyler did what Klaus wanted because he felt like he owed him. You know, since he doesn't have to break every bone in his body every full moon." she says. "But Damon didn't do anything for her."

"I don't know." Kol shrugs. "I've never had anyone be sired to me like that."

"So, my sister is going to everything Damon tells her and she gets no say? That's a healthy relationship." Iris rolls her eyes.

"You do everything I say." Kol states.

"Because you ask nicely." she smiles.

Kol hummed before falling back on the bed . Iris looked at him confused. "Are you going back to sleep?"

"I'm tired." he said, but it was muffled by the pillow.

"What?" she asked, but when he spoke, the same thing happened.

Iris smiled before climbing on top of him and sitting on his lower stomach. Kol immediately turned to look at her.

"Hello, darling." she tried to say in a British accent.

"Your accent sucks, darling." he told her.

"Shut up." she rolled her eyes. "But I need you awake, otherwise I'll be bored."

"Move down a bit and I'm all yours." Kol spoke.

Iris did as he said and moved down a bit, but didn't sit on his lap. Kol rolled his eyes before placing his hands on her hips and moving her down to where he wanted.

"Rude." she growled.

Kol smiled at the girl. "I could sing again."

"God, no!" she yelled almost immediately.

"Now who's rude?!" Kol yelled before flipping the two over.

Iris laughed at his quickness. He hovered over the girl, his face just a few inches away from hers. She was the first to make a move. She quickly leaned up and connected her lips to Kol.

Iris placed once hand on the back of his neck and the other on his shoulder. Kol used one hand to prop himself up so he didn't drop on the girl, and his other hand was tightly gripping her waist.

"Now get off." she spoke, slightly pushing him away, making his eyebrows furrow. "I have important business today."

"Yeah? Like what?" Kol asks.

"I'm going to go see Jeremy."

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Elena asked.

"I can't avoid him forever. He's still my brother." Iris says as they approach the cabin.

Iris notices Jeremy tense up as they pull in, and she immediately feels sick. "Maybe I'm not ready."

"We've faced bigger and scarier things than Jeremy." Damon told her.