Chapter 10- Past and Present!

Adarsh saw how tensed his twin was and gently pushed him back to lie him down. Abeer looked at him. Simran stepped out discreetly. She knew the brothers needed to talk and she also knew that Adarsh was finally ready to talk. He would not have come otherwise.

Abeer just looked at Adarsh. He did not know where to begin.

"Ayu will take care of her Abeer. You do not need to worry" Adarsh assured him.

Abeer nodded his head. But he could not help but feel tensed. Khushi was the reason why he had to stay away from his family. Simran had gone through hell with the pregnancy. They thought they would lose the baby. They both had been young and inexperienced. Simran wanted someone beside her. His family refused to look at them even after they knew what Simmi was going through. He would never forget his wife's tears, or the anguish they went though. Khushi had been in the NICU for 11 days. She had been born with phenomena. Those were the worst 7 days of their lives and their family left them alone in the situation. Somethings were hard to forgive.

He knew walking away from the wedding was his fault, but he had no choice. He had made many wrong choices but his marriage to Simmi was not one of them. He would never regret marrying her, but he did regret that he had to betray his family that way. He had wanted to pacify them but his father had been too furious to even listen to him........

He closed his eyes to drown down the memories. He did not want to go there, but that was one memory he could never forget in life. One conversation he could never ever forget........... He could see his father's angry face......... those words........ He wished he could forget but how could he when his brain was replaying the memory in such vivid detail........

The anger in his fathers eyes made him flinch. Abhinav Goinka was always a composed parent. He rarely ever raised his voice. He did not need to when his looks were enough to chastise. His mother was sitting on the couch and crying with her head buried in her hands.

He looked at his young wife. Even she was crying. She had wanted to wait, get married with the blessing of family, but the situation forced their hand. He was sure his father would understand. He took a step towards his father when Abha stepped into the living room. Abeer looked at her shocked. What was she doing there? He looked at Yuvraj. He was completely in the dark about what happened. Yuvraj shook his head sadly.

"Abha???" Abeer took a step back.

Abha stiffened. Khushi looked up. She saw Abha and quickly wiped her tears "kuch chaye beta???"

Abha looked very uncomfortable. She shook her head and went inside.

"what is she doing hear dad??" Abeer turned to face his father.

Abhinav looked at him. There was so much controlled anger in his eyes that Abeer was forced to take a step back. The twin came running inside with Anjali. They saw him and rushed to hug him.

"bhaiyu aa gaye aap???" Aki buried his face into Abeer's midriff "kaha chale gaye the aap???"

Ayu did the same. He could feel both their sadness. 

"bacho ko andar le jao Anju" He heard his father speak. His voice was devoid of emotion. Aki refused to let go of him. Abeer gently nudged him "its ok baccha, andar jaa, dad se mughe kuch baat karne hai"

Aki nodded his head. Ayu went to simran and held her hand "big-b kaha hai di????"

Simran blinked off her tears and tried to smile "kya hua Ayu???"

"woh kal sham se ghar nehi lautey hai" Ayu looked down and answered.

Simran looked at Abeer. They really did not understand what was happening.