Chapter 7- Saving each other!

The boys looked at each other scared as the lift moved with deadly speed. Akashat tried to reach for Ayaan, but the momentum of the lift threw him backward. His head hit the lift's wall with a bang. he could feel a warm liquid oozing out. Ayaan was shocked to see the blood. The blood came to a screeching halt again. The descent had not even lasted a few seconds. Ayaan rushed to Akasht.

"Aki....."

Akshat heard the panic in his voice and squeezed his hand "dar maat main theek hoon. Tu theek hai????" He swallowed his pain. He was scared Ayaan would come down with an anxiety attack. He did not how to deal with them. It was his mother or his bhaiya who helped Ayu through those attacks. He was no help as he was overwhelmed by his twin's condition.

"theek hoon" Ayu could feel his belly knotting up. He knew what was coming. He reached for his medicines and realized he had left them at home.

"Ayu" Aki tensed. He could already see the symptoms.

Ayu looked at his twins scared eyes. He knew if something happened to him, Aki would not be able to handle. He was a very brave boy but when it came to him he was always lost! He knew that.

He closed his eyes. Sakshi had taught him breathing techniques that could help with the attacks. He never had to use them as he was always surrounded by family and friends who rushed to his aid when ever he came down with the attack. He took deep calming breaths. It did not look like it was helping much but he had to try!

"lift rukh gaye" The technician yelled from above. He had tried to disconnect the power lines but they were already fried. He did not know how the lift stopped. Adarsha and Abeer rushed to the second floor with the two technicians, hoping the lift was there. Everything happened so fast.

when they reached the second flood they realized the lift was not there.

The technician pried it open  and peeped inside. It had stopped one feet above the floor. They could only see the bottom portion.

"beech me atak gaya phirse. Main upar se dekhta hoon" One of the technicians said and rushed to the third floor.

"Aki Ayu, can you hear us" Abeer yelled.

For a moment there was no response but then they heard Aki's muffled voice "bhaiyu"

Abeer rushed to the third floor. The voice was too muffled to make out anything. Adarsh followed behind him.

Aki started banging the door. They really needed to get out "Bhaiyu hum yaha hai, adar" He yelled again. There was no response. He panicked and yelled "bhaiyu hum yaha hai"

He banged the lift door. The lift wobbled dangerously. Akshat was stopped scared. Abeer reached the third floor where the technician had already pried the door open. He looked at their horrified faces and peeped inside.