Chapter 8- His Reflection!

Adarsh took a step back. He knew the countdown had already begun. He also knew his twin was too stubborn to listen to him. He had nothing to live for, but Abeer had a beautiful family, a daughter that needed her father! He closed his eyes and thought about Harsh. His child would have a safe home. His family would take care of him, his father would give him the same love that he had showered on all of them.

The lift wobbled and he opened his eyes. He looked at Abeer. His twin had once been his hero, his savior, his best friend. The one person who knew him inside out. He was his soul! He could not let him argue.

"Tu pehle jaa Abeer. Send help for me, you are injured. You need to go first" He tried.

Abeer shook his head "tu jaa pehle......"

"Behes maat kar Abeer. Har baar tere nehi chalne wale. Go. Now"

"Don't take that tone with me Adi, I am the elder one in this relationship."

"well start behaving like one then. Teach by example. Grab the door and climb out"

"I won't leave you behind"

"You did that 5 years ago Abeer. You can do it now as well. Go"

Abeer looked at him hurt "i did not leave you behind to die Adi..... I did what I had to..... mere bhi majboori the Adi...... I could not hurt Simmi.... not when she needed me the most"

"You could not hurt simmi but you could hurt us. You already made your choice Abeer. Your family is depending on you to come back. Please go back to them..... you have a daughter Abeer" Adarsh's eyes softened. He never got to hug the little princess. That would be one regret he had to take to grave. He blinked off his tears "Go Abeer. Think about your daughter. Just go please"

"Tera bhi to ek beta hai na Adarsh....."

"My son has his whole family!" Abeer looked away hurt. Adarsh controlled his emotions and held Abeer's hand gently "dekh mom dad tughse naraz zarur zarur hai lekin woh dono tughse bohot pyar karteya hai. Dad tughe bohot miss karteya hai....... the twin adore you..... Anju loves you..... you lost nothing Abeer. All you have to do is go back. Kuch din naraz rahenge lekin baad me maaf kar denge. Jaa bhai...... go back to our family....... you have hurt them enough you cannot hurt them more. Please go"

Abeer smiled sadly "Agar main tughe chod ke chala gaya to kaun khush rahega Adi? It is obvious our family hates me. They do not even want to look at me...... it is you they want Adi.... you they love and adore. Ayu aur Aki tere bena reh payege???"

Adrash looked away. His twin did not know how much they hated him.........

"Ek baar tughe chod ke jane ke galti ke Adi. uske saza aaj tak bhugat raha hoon. Aaj agar phir se maine woh galti dohraye an to khud se nazre nehi mila paoga. I will not leave you behind. No matter what"

Adarsh was about to argue when the lift started to wobble dangerously. They knew the last thread was snapping. Abeer was thrown against the wall harshly. He landed a harsh blow on his head and fell down. Adarsh rushed to his twin who was bleeding badly.

"Abeer" He held him gently. All the blood scared him.

Abeer leaned into his embrace. They had been so busy fighting. One of them had a chance to make it out but now neither could. He had to try.... He forced himself to get up but winced as he felt a sharp pain shooting down his collar bone. He had damaged a few bones when he fell down.

"Aram se Abeer" Adarsh struggled to help him. In the semi darkness he could not even make out where his twin was hurt. The wobbling lift did not help the condition.

"tughe mere baat maan lene chaye the yaar" Abeer sighed. Adarsh pulled him to his chest. How could he ever leave his brother behind. He was panicking. when he thought one of them could go back to the family it had been an easier choice to make, now when both were stuck he was scared for his family. How could his father deal with the trauma???and Ayu...... he could not think anything past the boy. They needed to get out of the bloody lift. Their family needed them to go back home safe! He was looking for alternatives when he heard Ani's voice.