Chapter 4- A Glimpse into the Past!

Roshni paced with the baby in the room. Harsh was teething and refused to calm down. She knew he needed his father's soothing touch but Adarsh had been gone for hours. No one knew where he had gone. After the guests left he had taken his car and driven away. She tried calling him but his number was not reachable.

The baby was in distress. She tried everything she could but nothing she did worked. She was trying to rock him to sleep when she felt the baby's body warming up. She put him down and took his temperature. It was very high. She picked him up immediately and rushed out. Khushi was not in the house. She had to rush to the hospital to attend to an emergency. She needed to go to the hospital immediately.

As she was passing by Ayaan's room she realized he could reach Adarsh. The boy always knew where his bhaiya was.

 The boy always knew where his bhaiya was

"Ayu"

Ayaan looked up. He was startled to see her crying. Little Harsh was drooping on her but he could see something was very wrong with him.

"kya hua di???" He got up and took the baby from her hands. He was shocked to feel his warm skin "ise to bohot tez bukhar hai"

Roshni nodded her head "tere bhaiya ghar pe nehi hai Ayu. I need to take him to the doctor. Can you reach him???"

Ayaan reached for his phone and called Adarsh. The number was not-reachable. There was only one place he could have gone to! He always went there when he was feeling low. Unfortunately that was the one place that did not have network connectivity. He left a quick message and looked at Roshni "Hospital chalte hai di, bhaiya aa jayege wahe"

Roshni agreed. They were just doing down when they saw Abeer and Simran coming in. Simran needed a few signatures from Ayaan, she tried calling Adarsh but his number was not reachable so she had been forced to come to the house. Abeer could not let her face his family on his own so he came with her.

Simarn saw Ayu and approached him "Ayaan mughe tumse kuch baat karne hai....."

"baad me Simmi di" Ayaan rushed past her but Abeer blocked his way.

"She is your lawyer damnit. At least listen to her" He yelled.

Ayaan flinched. The baby started crying. Roshni was angry. She knew nothing about Abeer but she did not like him yelling at Ayaan. No one yelled at the kids at home. Adarsh was strict but he never raised his voice. Mr Goinka was always gentle. She gently pulled Ayaan back.

"Adarsh Sir ghar pe nehi hai, can you guys come in when he is back?" She was angry but she spoke politely.

"This is important Ayaan" Simran spoke calmly "bas tere kuch signatures......"

"Harsh ke tabeyat theekh nehi hai Simmi di, yeh sab baad me bhi ho sakta hai" Ayaan was agitated. Abeer reached for the baby immediately.

"kya ho gaya?" He was tensed. Harsh was Adarsh's child! That made him his child too. The moment Abeer took him into his arms the baby stopped wailing. Ayaan and Roshni were surprised. Abeer cooed at the baby and spoke in a baby voice "kya ho gaya baccha, batao apne bade papa ko kya hua????"