Jean goes on to explain his day, hoping to take your mind off of yours. Having visitors was nice. For the rest of the night, people pop in and out. Mikasa stopped by with Eren to check in on you, Armin stopped by with some books to keep you occupied, even Conny came by to see how you were feeling, he told you that Hange was coming next.

As you wait for Hange, it becomes difficult to sit still. You have trouble moving around, but you manage to get to your desk, and begin to look through your sketchbook and flip through your drawings. One in particular sticks out to you, it's a ribcage in the shape of a heart, interesting. You stare at the drawing for a couple of seconds and it's captured your attention. When you drew that image, you had no idea what you were about to endure, it's funny how artwork has a different meaning as time passes. A sudden wave of inspiration hits and you begin sketching on a blank page.
You're grateful to have a skill that helps pass the time, drawing helps keep you still. Once you put down the pencil, you examine your work, the smooth shading and the crisp lines you were able to produce. You've created a self portrait, with only stitches holding your limbs to your body, a beautiful representation of how you feel at the beginning of your healing journey. A yawn escapes your mouth and your body aches when you realize 2 hours have passed. You carefully put your project away and slowly get yourself up. Where is Hange? Hopefully everything is alright. It's time to prepare for bed so you gather your supplies to brush your teeth and right as you hobble over to the door there's a knock.

"(Y/N)? It's Hange."

"Come in."

"Oh, hi!" She's surprised to see you up and continues. "So, Erwin's awake."
A smile of relief spreads across her face.

"Thank goodness! How's he doing? I was wondering where you were. He's alright?"

"Yes.. he's fine. He woke up about an hour ago. He wants to see you. I told him you were on bed rest but he said it couldn't wait.. I have a stretcher to help you.."

"No, my legs still work just fine."

She takes you up the stairs and through Erwin's office and into his room, where Levi sits at his bedside. You salute him and he ushers you to the seat next to Levi.

"I want to thank you for both your attendance and your sacrifice to humanity. I called you here to this meeting after Levi and Hange told me the classified information you shared with them. Have you shared it with anyone else?"

"No, sir."

"Very good. I understand that you've undergone a corrective surgery this afternoon, but it's imperative that we take the necessary actions to protect Eren and Historia and I've devised a plan that relies on your cooperation to succeed. Do you pledge to give your loyalty and cooperation to our mission?"

"Yes sir."

"So I've been told that while you were gone during the debriefing in Ermich, you had spent that time with Noah, and have revealed his suspicions to Levi about the royal family. Is there anything else that you can remember about that conversation?"

"No sir."

"What do you believe to be true?" He asked with a sternness in his eyes that you haven't seen before.

"I don't know, I mean, I trust Noah to the fullest extent but I told everything that he's told me. He hasn't provided any evidence to his claims, although.. I didn't give him the chance to."