[ 011 ] let him die

𝐈 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔

chapter eleven ; let him die
[ season three, episode eleven ]

"DETECTIVES," Casey greeted Amy and Jay, who had just arrived at the scene— where the ambulance was found empty

"DETECTIVES," Casey greeted Amy and Jay, who had just arrived at the scene— where the ambulance was found empty. "Thanks for coming." He shook their hands. "Good to have someone we can trust on this."

"Absolutely." Amy went over to the ambulance to have a closer look. Jay stayed close to Casey. "Still no word from your paramedics?"

"No."

"Dumb question, anybody try their cells?"

"Yeah, no answer."

"All right. Give me their numbers. I'm going to get an order and start pinging 'em."

"All right."

Amy looked over at Casey. "Were they dispatched to this location?" She had an idea of what could have happened.

"Yeah," Casey responded.

"This could have been a setup."

Cruz heard what Amy said and made his way over. "Lullo's gotta be behind this, right?"

"I think we got to start with that assumption."

꧁   ꧂

THE FIREFIGHTERS were back at the firehouse— with the exception of Cruz, who kept Casey updated. The lieutenant got off the phone. "They pulled footage off some CPD pods and ID'd a black town car that was following the ambo, but the plate was obscured."

Kelly walked in. "Hey, guys. Any sign of Mills and Brett?" Melisa was with him.

"Cruz is giving us updates on the search, but nothing concrete yet."

"Cruz is with the cops?" Kelly poured himself some coffee. Melisa leaned against the kitchen counter.

"Yeah," Otis answered, his hands on his hips. "He refused to come back with us. This whole thing has got him really spun out."

"How's baby Boden doing?" Mouch asked Kelly and Melisa, who had been at the hospital.

Kelly mumbled something, shaking his head. Hermann's smile dropped. "What does that mean?"

"The baby's still not absorbing oxygen," Melisa explained. "Doctors are working on him."

"Boden is holding it together," Kelly added. "But you could tell he's worried."

Hermann grabbed his phone. "I gotta call him, see what's going on."

"Does he know about Mills and Brett?" Casey asked Melisa and Kelly as Hermann stopped in his tracks.