[ 007 ] nobody touches anything

𝐈 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔

chapter seven ; nobody touches anything
[ season three, episode seven ]

[ part two; law and order: svu, season 16 episode 7
part three; "i think i love you," act 1, chapter 21 ]

[ part two; law and order: svu, season 16 episode 7 part three; "i think i love you," act 1, chapter 21 ]

"OKAY! I NEED a volunteer," Cruz announced, holding a pot. He had been cooking. Everyone was quick to back away and decline. "You guys, Molly's Two is almost up and running. Do we have a menu? No. Do we have a cook? No. At least I'm doing something."

"Listen to your colleague here," Hermann spoke. "No." He held his hand out to Cruz, not wanting to taste his food. "I was very specific about the timetable afforded. Eight weeks, okay? And you've burned through half of it already."

"Yeah, yeah. We'll be ready. We just... we just need a signature dish."

Brett stood. "I'll try it." Everyone turned to the blonde, some were shocked, and others warned her. Cruz held the spook up, and she had a taste. "Hmm." She pulled a face. "Tangy."

"Dominican sausage and peppers."

"Dude, if you keep calling your food Dominican, I am going to have to kick your ass on behalf of an entire country," Gabby threatened him.

"All right, fine. Well, who's going to be the cook?"

"Hey, listen, I got a cousin," Otis told him. He seemed to have a lot of cousins. "You know, a really nice Russian girl."

"No more cousins from you."

"Hey, it's a totally different cousin!"

"No more with the cousins!" Cruz left.

Newhouse greeted everyone as he walked in with Peter. They were carrying boxes. Melisa was the first to notice the bruises on his face. "What happened to your face?"

"You got a secret fight club or something we don't know about?" Hermann added.

Newhouse played along. "Yeah, man, you wanna join?"

"What? And endanger this work of art? I'll pass." Melisa laughed at Hermann but stopped when she saw the look he was giving her.

"Finally, something edible." Otis reached out to grab a snack.

"Three bucks," Newhouse told him, making him stop in his tracks. "Naomi's academic decathlon team has made it to the finals in DC. And I need to raise fifteen hundred for her travel expenses."

"Hey." Gabby walked up to them. "Your kid is in the academic decathlon finals. You must be doing something right." She put some money in the can before going back to the table.