[ 032 ] tonight's the night

𝐈 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔

chapter thirty-two ; tonight's the night
[ season two, episode thirteen ]

THE COLD weather was bad enough, but then the power went off when they were on a call

THE COLD weather was bad enough, but then the power went off when they were on a call. It made the situation a hundred times worse. Boden told the neighbors they were welcome to stay at the firehouse because they had heat and food.

They gathered every blanket they could find and did everything to make the citizens comfortable. Katie showed up with food, and they were relieved because Cruz was not a good cook.

Cruz broke into the cabinet and looked through the door that belonged to first and third watch. There was a blackout and many hungry people, so he didn't care.

Clarke approached him. "How are we looking?" He crouched down.

"We're not gonna have enough." Cruz suddenly got an idea. "Oh, hey! You know Houk's Grocery up the road? 51's been buying from there for years. Old man Houk, he lives above it."

"Okay."

"See if he'll open and get as much beef and beans as you can." Clarke was about to get up but stopped when Cruz spoke again. "Oh, and he's not too good at hearing, so keep on knocking until he answers, all right? He owes us."

"Yes, sir." Clarke stood.

"Hey, I'll go with you," Melisa told Clarke. She stood by the kitchen counter and heard their conversation.

"That's okay."

"You're not going alone in the dark." Melisa wasn't taking no for an answer. "Come on." Clarke didn't protest and left with her.

"Here

"Here." Melisa pointed her flashlight at the store. She started knocking on the door like she had done before. "Mr. Houk?" She kept knocking until she saw him standing inside. "It's me. Melisa, from Firehouse 51. We've got many mouths to feed, and Cruz sent us down here."