[ 033 ] virgin skin

𝐈 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔

chapter thirty-three ; virgin skin
[ season two, episode fourteen ]

chapter thirty-three ; virgin skin[ season two, episode fourteen ]

"WE ARE ALL relieved that Katie is safe," Boden stated. Katie had been kidnapped, but fortunately, Amy found her the previous day, and she was taken to the hospital.

Amy called Kelly the moment she found Katie, and he showed up. She figured it would be better for Katie if she had someone there she knew and trusted.

Kelly and Otis sat next to each other. Both were devastated over everything that happened and the things Katie went through. But they were relieved.

"But this Keeler, as long as he's out there, we need to stay vigilant. So be aware of your surroundings."

The alarm went off. "Ambulance 61, person in distress." Shay and Allison rushed out.

꧁   ꧂

"OH, SHAY, I almost forgot. How was your first night holding the bar?" Hermann asked.

Clarke chuckled. Then he noticed the look Shay was giving him. "What?"

Shay almost rolled her eyes. "Okay, new rule. Cash tips only, not things like tickets to outdoor hockey games in March, in Chicago."

Hermann grabbed the tickets from Shay.  "Oh, these are for the NHL stadium series at Soldier Field, center ice!"

"I will gladly relieve you of those," Peter chimed in.

"Not so fast. The tip was left at Molly's. Partners get first crack." Hermann winked at Melisa and Shay.

"Those sell for like eight hundred bucks apiece."

This surprised Shay, but she went along with it. "Okay. Bidding starts there. Who wants them? This lady needs a new pair of shoes." She looked at Hermann.

"Too rich for my blood."

"I'm good," Melisa added. She didn't watch sports and didn't need the tickets. Peter shrugged, not wanting to pay for them.

"Fine," Shay said. "I'll just sell them online. Then I'll make a date with Jimmy Choo."

Hermann frowned. "Jimmy who?"

"Who tips with tickets like those?" Melisa questioned.

"Oh, Clarke's buddies," Cruz responded. "Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook, that's who."

Hermann looked at Clarke. "Wow, aren't you full of mysteries?"

"Yup," Clarke muttered.

Melisa was still confused. "Who are Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook?" Cruz looked at her. He couldn't believe she actually asked that. Hermann had the same expression.

꧁   ꧂

SHAY STOOD ON top of the bar counter. She had sold the tickets. "I want to thank you all for coming and raising money to buy books for the new library. You know, sometimes people need a little help, whether they know it or not. So thanks."

Hermann stood behind the bar. "Hear, hear."

"Oh! Right. A little bird told me that Hermann's lieutenant test results came back. Care to share, Christopher? Oh, okay. No?" Shay got down from the counter.

"All right." Hermann pulled out an envelope. Everyone watched anxiously as he opened it. "I got a 70." No one reacted to the news. "Which means I passed!" Everyone started cheering, and the chief was the first to congratulate him, followed by everyone else. Melisa went over to the bar and hugged him. She was so proud of him.

꧁   ꧂
WORDS: 512