[ 038 ] a dark day

𝐈 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔

chapter thirty-eight ; a dark day
[ season two, episode twenty ]
[ part two; chicago pd, season 1 episode 12 ]

chapter thirty-eight ; a dark day[ season two, episode twenty ] [ part two; chicago pd, season 1 episode 12 ]

IT HAD BEEN a typical day. Melisa had taken a day off to do the marathon. It was for a good cause, and she would do it with Gabby, whose idea it was.

Melisa went ahead to sign while Gabby stayed back with Casey. Kim was helping set up, and her niece was there. It was all normal until it wasn't.

A bomb went off, and Casey was thrown back. He fell on his back. People were screaming and crying, and those who could, ran away petrified. Some were dead, more were injured.

The firefighters were quick to the scene, and at that point, Casey and Gabby were helping people as best as they could. Hermann didn't get a good day to be acting lieutenant, to say the least.

Casey ran up to Boden, and Gabby was with him. "Chief! Chief! Big explosion, no idea of the cause."

"You guys okay?"

"Yeah, we're fine," Gabby answered. "Triage is in that tent. ER took it hard."

"People are gonna be trapped up on those higher floors," Hermann said as he looked over the building where the explosion hit.

"Okay, you, Otis, and Mouch get the aerial moving," Boden ordered.

"On it."

"Exterior oxygen and fuel tanks are on the other side of the building. This couldn't have been an accident."

"A bomb?" Casey questioned. He put his jacket on.

Boden nodded at him. "The structure's unstable." He turned to Casey and Gabby. "Where's Bishop?"

"Oh, god," Gabby mumbled in shock. "She went inside."

Kelly looked at her, his eyes wide. "Mel is in there?"

"I think so."

"We'll get her." Everyone got to work.

꧁ ꧂

THE FIREFIGHTERS were digging people out of the rubble as they continued to look for Melisa. They had no idea where she was or even if she was where they were looking. The paramedics were helping people as best as they could with the little resources that they had. Peter and Cruz found a second bomb in the garage.

Casey and Kelly were crawling through the tight space looking for Melisa. They were both sure that she was there somewhere, and they didn't want to give up. She wouldn't. The rest were ready to dig the two of them out.