[ 019 ] leaders lead

𝐈 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔

chapter nineteen ; leaders lead
[ season one, episode twenty-two ]

chapter nineteen ; leaders lead[ season one, episode twenty-two ]

"CHECK THIS out!" Melisa and Otis approached Hermann. He was carrying a small house made out of wood. He placed it on the table, opening it. "I'm supposed to speak to Luke's class about fire safety. So I'm going to rig one side of the house with flammable material and then the other side with flame-resistant type stuff." Peter walked up to see what was going on. "Then I'm going to demonstrate the difference. Kids are gonna love it."

"Oh. What could possibly go wrong?" Otis asked.

"They have fire extinguishers at this school, right?" Melisa added. Hermann looked almost offended by this.

Cruz walked in. "Guys, guys. I have an announcement to make. Please, I need everyone's attention. Today, I came across something so upsetting... that it literally shook me to the core. I was in the laundry room. I was putting my stuff from the washer to the dryer, and I discovered these, left inside." He pulled out a pair of red underwear.

The sight received some laughter. Melisa's eyes widened for a moment before she chuckled at the sight.

Hermann turned the house around. "Don't look at me! I've been a Fruit of the Loom man since 1975."

"Those are clearly male underwear," Melisa stated.

"Twenty bucks to whoever finds the money," Mouch said, holding up the money.

Casey got up and grabbed the underwear. This caused the other firefighters to laugh, but they were also surprised. "First, they ain't mine." He spun them around. "Second, these don't come down until the owner steps forward." Casey put up the underwear on the board. "I can't unsee this. Someone has to pay."

"He who smelt it hath dealt it," Otis said.

"You're nuts," Cruz responded. "Those look like something that a Russian would wear on his wedding night."

"They're not mine. But, I will put my money on Capp."

"Keep deflecting, Otis," Mouch told him. "That's a good strategy." Just then, Hermann's house caught on fire.

Peter was ready with the fire extinguisher, and he put the fire out. Everyone looked at Hermann. "Maybe I'll just let the kids wear the oxygen mask."

꧁   ꧂

"I'M NOT EXACTLY one to sit on my hands, you know?" Kelly said. He was leaving with Melisa and Shay.

"Yeah, well, you shouldn't," Shay told him as they made their way to the car.

"Yeah, well, that's not what the CFD is advising. I'm running out of options here."