CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

DAN'S POV

"Blue blue, come help me, be fast, Amy wants to catch me" Hailey yelled excitedly.

She was playing chasing Tom with Amy presently in the hallways. Her plump skirt that came with a leggings flying and following her around.

Thank God I chose to wear here her trainers and blouse today, she would have choked with her other gowns.

She was so excited, excited than she was at home or with our neighbors. I was glad I brought her along.

Fixing my glasses on, I sat slouched on  the floor resting my back on my door. It was one of the few times I could be around Amy with a reason, babysitting.

"Later, I'm tired for now" it was true, it has been 4 hours she has been running in circles, it really showed she was in her childhood stage, I wonder how Amy could keep up with her.

It was tiring for me "Are you not tired?" I asked Amy seeming the way she still had much energy to go around.

"Nope, fully refreshed" she said nodding her head while keeping her eyes close on Hailey who was trying to dodge her.

"She must be made of wood.." Edward said tiredly "No...metal" Rita chirped in "Cause how could she run for hours without getting tired"

"I have done a lot of babysitting work while I was at home" Amy finally said still on the lookout for Hailey.

Her free size blouse bouncing about with her, and her leggings tightly hugging her figures, she was wearing a sneaker.

After that chemistry practical, I haven't seen her wear any fitting clothes, it was always baggy and free.

I missed it, teasing her with it.

"I think that's my cue to go, I'm sure Derrick needs me for something" she said dusting her checkered skirt causing her crop top to rise a bit.

"Wo wo woah" Edward said "Now you are on a first name basis with him, what's going on between you two?"

I turned towards her, my body now resting away from the wall, my full attention on her now, I was curious too "Nothing" she said in a bored tone,  "It just easier to call it out that using the whole honorifics things"

"Yeah yeah" i believe, Edward mimicked. "I'm not the one breaking people hearts, am I?" She retorted back.

"Hold it, Rita, I made a mistake,  I admitted to it and I already apologize, what else do you want from me?" He asked.

"YOU ABANDONED ME!!!" She yelled, halting Amy's and Hailey movements. "That's what you did, you left me, you ignored me, I... I waited... I waited for yo--" she said now almost sobbing.

I didn't know what to say, the past week Edward has been trying to make up for his previous actions to Rita, I thought it was working.

Seeing her burst out now, I knew she had just been holding it in since she decided to be friends again.

That was it

The reason why she was clinging to Mr. Derrick, it all made sense now.

She was afraid

Afraid of abandonment, the core reason why she didn't allow her parents to get divorced, because she was scared of either of them abandoning her after the divorce, loosing her importance to them.

The reason why it was a touchy subject to her.

I doubt she knew the real reason why she didn't want that, or her fear couldn't allow her to see.