CHAPTER ELEVEN

DERRICK'S POV

An hour later after the bus moved, the students clamouring had settled down to silent whispering about 30 minutes ago.

It had gotten quite and some were sleeping,

Making use of their phones, laptops, and earphones.

Usual.

They were all teens.

Miss Ashley got up from the staffs role and picked up a tray.

She must have packed it along.

Wondering what she was up to, the students got quite at a time.

She started depositing all sorts of sweets, chocolates and snacks.

They were all sorts, dairy and non dairy snacks.

That was very smart of her.

No wonder the children likes her.

Already getting a hint of what she was doing, the students all light up wanting to ease the boredom sipping in.

I wouldn't say i haven't thought about certain activities to brighten everywhere.

I just didn't want to push them again, Taking a surprise journey was already a stress to them.

They were stiffed and reluctant about it.

Coming up with another activity would be strenuous and suffocating on them, i was giving them space and time to adjust,

get use to it.

For now i appreciate what Ashley was doing, it was a familiar face.

Also, they had a soft spot for her.

Lydia joining her to distribute the sweets and some game board.

Which included mahogani, chess, Scrabble, Whots and others.

They formed into small groups, playing and having fun.

I looked towards the end of the bus, Lorientta dozed off on her phone with a sleep mask over her face.

Hailey had woken up already and was snacking on some of the fruits Bliss had brought for them.

He came prepared, might i say.

This wasn't his first time.

I couldn't really blame him.

He was on his phone, the earpods now removed from his ears and placed on his laps.

He was side eyeing what Hailey was saying while in his phone.

He became tensed immediately Ashley walked up to me.

Her posture stiffened a bit, she stutter out "I - I just wanted to give her some treat".

His shoulder relaxed a little while nodding his head once, signalling she should continue.

Getting the permission from her brother, she stretched out her hands to collect the sweets.

It seems Bliss wasn't too fond of Ashley.

Okay, taking note of that down.

Watching the others reaction towards Ashley and Linda, it definitely was a good choice to tag them along.

Crouching down, she gave Hailey the sweet, smiling sweetly at her causing Hailey to bring out a full grin.

She seems like the girl who doesn't associate with elders.