CHAPTER TWENTY - FIVE

AMY'S POV

I got ready wearing a blue and white polka dot singlet crop top and a denim bum short.

It was a little tight on me considering I had a bit of fat especially in my thigh areas and the recent workout at the gym has been adding to my shape making it taut and fitted.

I was damn thick, it felt nice at times and made a lot of clothes look good in me but at times it made me look more mature than others my age mate.

Carrying my books and phones in my totes bag, after the last time our gadgets were given to us, it was given with a strict supervision.

Now, we had to return it every morning by 7am, right before the gym sessions.

I carried other necessities i might have needed and headed towards the door, opening it slightly to see if anyone was in the hallway.

Sighting nobody i hurried out to the living room, i don't want a repeat of yesterday and wearing clothes like this was supposed to make me feel confident with myself and high libido.

I hope i wasn't rather inviting the devil to dine with me.

All eyes turned to me immediately as i entered, some whistled and made catcalls, but i ignored them and headed towards Hailey who was seating with Miss Lydia.

Mr Derrick wasn't around yet, that's weird, what else was weird was that Dan had been ogling and checking me out shamelessly.

I wanted to put myself out to try to make me seem confident but it was wearing thin as i got more shaky and nervous.

"You look beautiful today" Hailey said to me, smiling down at her "Thank you sweet Hailey, you say the nicest things"

"Blue blue does too, he tells me I'm pretty everyday and that you are a good person" she said again, this pique my curiosity.

Dan do talk about me, what  else does he say about me, "Is that true?" I asked her, she nodded her head before calling out to Dan.

Whispering down to her "What are you doing?" I asked her "Calling blue blue to tell you you're pretty also" she whispered back.

This little devil

Dan came over immediately patting her head while raking his eyes down at me, it felt like he was undressing me with his eyes.

I felt all naked and nervous to him, reminding myself that this wasn't a dream and we were in public as everyone decided to focus on me and Dan at this moment.

I was excited as Mr. Derrick walked in immediately with Rita in his heels.

He walked to us to announce to us that we would be offering Chemistry this morning and that we should head into the makeshift lab immediately.

I handed Hailey to Miss Lydia and headed out when Lorientta came up to me and said "Nice outfit by the way" eyeing me from my head to my toe "but don't you think that is too unsafe for a lab practical right now."

Now i was feeling self conscious as i tried to pull the shorts down with my hands "I didn't know we do be doing labs today" i said insecure.

Dab came up to her, resting his head in her shoulder as he said "I think it looks good, and what is a practical without having an accident anyway" he said smiling down at me.

He wasn't making me any better as felt worse as i had no option if i had  chemical poured on me.

I do burn likely to death

"Stop it Dan, you aren't making her feel any better" they both were now.

First, Lorientta was never this nice or fully in a good mood to give out advice.

Second, there must be another reason why she was making a big deal about it.

Signing, i said "I'm just going to change, and be right back" i said trying to head towards my room.

"No time lady, just find a wrapper or jacket when we get there, okay, we are far behind schedule now" Mr. Derrick said in a rushed time as he ushered us out of the living room.

I hadn't eaten yet

Entering into the lab, i saw Mr. Derrick give Hailey a list and told her some few instructions while he entered the backdoor of the room.

The lab was a makeshift lab but it was amazing, it was tiled in German flooring, it had a slab where sink where fixed with each slab.

It had no chair aside from a rest table that was just opposite the board in front of the slabs.

"Okay, gather up everyone, i would call out your names and the group you will belong to, then you will take a stand at the slab" she said and immediately went into the name's calling.

She didn't even wait for a response "Edward and Kate, group 1" i heard a few ohh and murmuring.

I heard about it too, the news if how they had fallen out few days ago, i tried to reach to Kate but she wouldn't allow me and kept ignoring me the more.

I allowed her her space, if she ever needed a best friend or just someone to talk to, i would always be there.

I was hoping i would get to be grouped with her, then she had no choice to talk to me.

They headed first, while Mr. Derrick went in and out of the back door bringing in some tools and equipment, most of them all were mostly glass and liquids with stickers on them.

"Next, is Sergio and Jeremy, group 2, Humphrey and Jasmine, group 3, Clifford and Jake, group 4, Dan and Amy, group 5."

"What?"

"Good going" me and Dan said simultaneously, I closed my hands over my mouth immediately i said that as i went to our stand.

Just when i wanted to avoid him,

can fate be so cruel,

How do i stay with him without having to jump on him everytime.

I watched as he came up to me, trying to distance myself from him.

"So class, the topic will be working on today is titration, I'll do the first example" he said while explaining and telling us the names of the instruments.

It included a glass of acid, water and base, beakers, a pipette, a measuring cylinder and more.