CHAPTER SEVEN

Derrick's POV

I was already done with making the arrangements for tomorrow's trip.

Checking the time on the wall clock, it read 5:40

Shit.

I still had some personal arrangements to make so i quickly packed up my remaining stuff on the desk.

They weren't much considering i just resumed today and will be traveling tomorrow.

I headed towards the school park l, it was empty, i greeted towards the security guards i met on the way, some asked me who i was, requesting for my ID.

Fair enough, many of them were just seeing me as i was a new teacher.

After i got thoroughly scrutinized, i was allowed to go, i got into my blue sports car.

Dropping my bag on the passenger seat, i started to smile as i was reversing, tomorrow is going to be a long day.

I arrived at my place, i parked at my driveway seeing that my neighbor was around today.

Thought I'd pay obligience to them, it was a very simple and reserved neighborhood.

The houses in total were just 8, two on each side with a big garden demacating the first two buildings, then at the end of the street was a close.

I liked the area so much, i bought the house, i rounded my car towards my left towards House B2, but i didn't expect what i saw.

I saw a young boy, I'd say he was a minor with the way he was being pinned down but i couldn't put a face on who it is.

I doubted I'd know the neighbor

There were lots of makes guys around, there were a total of six, i started to sidestep, didn't want to get involved in another person's mess.

I had already started, walking back towards my apartment when i heard a car door opening and little whimpers.

"Is a kid involved...?" I am not going to check.

I have been enough in much shit than i do like to get myself in another just in the name of helping someone.

But something halted my step, what she said or shouted.

"Bliss!!!!"

Dan Bliss?

I turned around to crosscheck i heard the name well until i saw his face clearly shocked to her.

It was getting darker for people to see what's was going on around here with clothes the assassins were wearing.

"Get. Back. Into. The. Car." I heard his strangled shout.

He was begging the girl to be safe, to not let them get ahold on her,

that he was safe

but she was too innocent,

too young to understand.

"Please Hailey..." He continued finally drawing attention of the assassins that a baby was there.

The guy in front signalled with a tip of his head towards the girl.

Bliss didn't see the movement, but he saw one heading towards the girl, he face struck in despair fearing for the girl's life.

Who was she to him?

He is a single child, isn't he?

She was brought to him, he surrendered immediately.