Chapter 11: My Neighbor.

|Za 'Nyla POV| July 17th  

11 am.

I woke up pretty early this morning so i could get some things cleaned. After I finished cleaning the kitchen and threw my clothes into the washer, I started on breakfast. Now cooking is not my strong suit but breakfast bitch I'm gone throw it down for some breakfast. I got my sausage out of the freezer after putting my pan on medium heat and throwing a small amount of butter, so it won't stick when I first put them down. After throwing six sausages into the pan I lightly sprinkle some pepper and garlic salt just for a little flavor. Once the sausage darkens enough for me on one side i flip it over and lower the heat just a little, as i prepare my eggs. 

"Where you going?" I said as Corda walked out of her room headed for the door. Dressed in sweats and a pull over with her hair in a bun and her pink and blue laptop bag on her shoulder. "I'm finna go to Bri's so we can study for the practice bar when school starts back up." she responded. "Oh okay. So, I just made all this breakfast for nothing." I said balling my lips up as I looked at the six sausages still cooking Jo's still here, but he doesn't eat much he'll probably eat one sausage and a little egg but damn. "Aww I didn't even know I'm sorry. I'll tell Xan to come get him some when i walk by." she spoke poking her lips out. "What you mean?" I asked referring to her walking by Xan. "I aint tell you he stays down the hall? Girl his fat ass gone run down here to get him some food. His fat ass is in the perfect profession." She spoke. "Uh no you didn't tell me that bitch. Is that why you was laughing and smiling and shit when we checked em out?" 

"Yeah, I just figured y'all would run into each other, but he been working double at the restaurant since their night chef left." she said laughing. "I guess chile." I spoke as I went back to my eggs, pouring a little amount of milk, then pepper, garlic salt, and a little sprinkle of onion powder. "Alright I'm bout to go for I be over there all day." she spoke headed out the door. "Wash your clothes when you get back home." I yelled as she closed the door behind her. I can't stand no messy house. And i definitely don't clean up after nobody that's overgrown, Corda aint messy she just don't always clean up when she mess up. "Jo you hungry?" I hollered from the kitchen. He was still asleep on the air mattress we had gotten from Unity. "yeah." he groaned getting up and walking into the bathroom. As I took my sausages out of the pan there was a slightly heavy knock on the door. "Come in." I spoke knowing it's Xan. "Wassup Nyla I heard you made me some breakfast." He spoke walking in and rubbing his hands together and smiling. "You're fucking ridiculous." I said laughing while pulling plates out sitting them on the counter. 

"What I do?" he asked with his hand across his chest like I offended him. "Ain't no way yo fat ass should've made it that quick. You don't ever come that quick unless it's some food involved." I said with a spatula in one hand and the other on my hip. "I'm a grown man baby I like to eat." he muttered with a smirk. "Boy how many sausages do you want?" I said laughing and returned my arms back to my hips. Almost made me blush stupid ass. "I want three with a lot of eggs and a lot of bacon." he said. "You look like my mama with this damn robe and bonnet on." he said pulling a piece of my robe while leaning in the doorway of the kitchen. "I wi-" I started. "Waddup kid?" Jo interrupted walking back into the living room. "Wassup fam. What go down?" Xan responded. "Shit checking niggas you hear me." Jo responded buffing up. "Facts." They said dapping each other up. "SICK!" I screamed laughing at these niggas from the kitchen. "You a hater bruh. Aye speaking of sick what that li nigga Reese cup doing commenting on ya shit?" Jo asked mugging while throwing a shirt on. 

"Man say, is you niggas hungry or what?" I said mixing the eggs around even though their already done. I hate when he does that, I'm a grown ass woman now I can talk to whoever I want. "Did you just call that nigga Reece cup?" Xan cackled. "Hell yeah sweet ass nigga man. Ya man's is a straight bitch don't let me catch his ass neither Nyla." He spoke again pointing at me. "Jo don't piss me off for real. Now y'all can make y'all own fucking plate. The fuck." I spoke walking to my room and slamming my door. "I don't give a damn bout nunnadet shit Nyla for real." he hollered. "Bout to make me slap the shit out of you. And stop yelling in my fucking house bitch." I yelled back. 

I turn my speaker on and go to Ari Lennox radio so i can hop in the shower, the first song to come on "New apartment". I began to feel all my worries melt away as Ari sang beautifully and the hot water lingered on my skin. I sang and dance while lathering my body with my Dove cucumber soap. By now the beautiful melody of Higher- TEMS began to fill my ears live of course.

"Higher than all the limits going way beyond the noise and the feelings. Big tunes now it's big tunes I'm killing. Cry now from the side yeah call my name. Fall down when you see me you know that You know that I was there you!" I yelled this part to the top of my lungs because i really felt what she said. No matter how hard you go for a motherfucker I'll never let nobody treat me how i was being treated growing up. That's all i can think about when i hear this. 

I slid the shower curtain back and hopped out. wiping the mirror to start my day routine which consists of curology cleanser and moisturizer. I opened the door to the bathroom entering my room with my towel wrapped around. I locked my door before doing anything else. These niggas don't know how to knock. Soon as I go to find what I'm putting on I get a call. "Well, Good Morning stranger." Reese said smiling in the camera once the phone answered. "Good morning. Why am i stranger all of the sudden?" I asked while sliding on my panties and bra. "Cause you be funny acting. Why I can't see ya face ma?" He asked. "Because I'm getting dressed, I just got out of the shower so I aint seen your message till now." I responded and my ring notification popped up . He had texted me a few minutes ago. "Shid I wouldn't mind the view." He said smirking. I rolled my eyes niggas like this untuh. "Please." I spoke throwing on a cute bralette with a brown leather skirt pairing with some black leather heels. Throwing on a beige with grey, blue, purple, and red staining, with my blue, black,and red handbag. " I'm just fucking wit you. Can I see you today though?" he asked. "uhm, I have to go and make sure everything is good to go for my cousin's party tomorrow so probably not." I spoke reluctant to even keep entertaining him. I hate when Jo says something about a dude I'm talking to make me not even like them no more. 

"Aight well you let me know when you can free up your time then." He spat and hung up in my face. I was shook as fuck with how fast his mood had changed I mean what the fuck. I picked my phone up and called him back still with the same expression from when he hung up. "Wassup?" he answered. "What the fuck? Wassup with you my nigga?" I asked him because he really is beginning to piss me off. He acting sassy just like my brother said. "Nothing up with me shid you the one tripping." he responded still with an attitude. "Hey baby that's alright. Don't even call my phone no more you weird as fuck mad cause I got shit to do." I said hanging the phone up and throwing it back onto my bed. 

*Knock knock* "Nyla you good?" Xander said from the other side of the door, I guess Jo left. "Yeah, you going wit me to get Corda party straight?" I asked opening the door then walking to the mirror to fix my hair into a half up half down straight. "Yeah, why you had to get all dressed up for that?" "gotta be presentable. That okay with you?" I asked sarcastically. He threw his hands up in defense.