Chapter 24: Friday dinner.

Alexander Greene's POV

August 7th, 6:25 pm

As soon as I got off work I headed straight for my truck. I couldn't even get it crank up good due to my phone always ringing. "What?" I ask as the facetime connects. "Why you always answer me like that?" Corda says pouting through the phone. "Cause you always want some shit. What you want bro?" I say to her as I throw my car in drive and take off from the restaurant. . "You so fucking mean." she mugged. "I'm finna hang up." I said sighing as my patience runs very thin. "Nyla want you dickhead." she laughed rolling her eyes propping the camera up on Nyla. "Umm I was just inviting y'all over for dinner if you're not busy." she said fidgeting with her fingers as I smile at her nervousness.

"I'm finna be on my way there now." "Hurry up my bitch got some good new she wanna tell everybody." Corda yelled from the side. "What you cooking?" I ask her. "I'm making some baked porkchops, imma sear some garlic potatoes, some greens, and some honey butter cornbread." she said smiling proudly. That whole sentence made my mouth water. "My god." I said shaking my head. "Big heavy ass." Corda said as they laughed.

"You look beautiful." I said smiling as I slightly focused on the road taking glances at her along the way. "Thank youu." she smiled putting her hands on both sides of her face. I snapped a facetime picture of her. "Xan-" she started to whine. "Byeee I'm turning in now. open the door. " I interrupt before she can say she look a mess. "Bye cause you would've been hung up on me." Corda said grabbing her phone back. I hung up the phone and laughed as I turn into my parking spot. I get out of the car making sure to grab my phone and keys, slamming the door shut behind me.

"Bitch you gone get enough of hanging up in my face." Corda spoke from her and Nyla's 2 bedroom apartment. "You musty I can smell it from here." I said as climbing the stairs. "I do not like you bro." She laughs and hits me upside my head. "Move big greasy ah." I said pushing her out of the door frame as I walked through it. "Hey Nunu." I smiled making my way to the kitchen  attempting to hug her. "Don't play with me." she mugged pushing my arm away. "I'm sorry." I smiled quickly throwing my arms around her before she could protest. "Smelling like garlic and shit." she mumbled as I squished her against me. "You dead ass wrong." I bust out laughing as I let her go.

"Where everybody else at?" I ask them. "They should be here by seven." Nyla said as she turned her attention back towards the pot of greens going on the stove. "Well let me go get my garlic smelling ass in the shower." I said rolling my eyes at her as I walk off. "Man we in a seriously sassy man epidemic." Corda said shaking her head. "I blame Michael Jackson." she said.

I walk out the door with my middle finger raised, making my way to my apartment. I unlock my door, as soon as I step in here this fucking phone go again. I look at the caller then decline. Going into my bedroom to find clothes before showering. Pulling out a calm fit, light khaki graphic hoodie, a pair of dark khaki cargo's, with some khaki Jordan 1's. I pull my phone out as it rings again, same caller same response, Decline. It rings again. "yo you finna piss me off. What?" I asked patience yet again wearing thin. "I miss youu. Why you acting funny with me?" She whined.

"Miss me with the bullshit man." I said nonchalantly. "Alex, why you acting like that? For real be real with me, you said you wanted me now you don't. It's cause of that lil funky bitch ain't it? Yeah that's why she was so ready to fight me." she said with attitude laced in her tone. "Be fucking for real you wanted me. You came rubbing on my dick I told you I'll fuck the shit out of you. Did that, that was it that was all, and you knew that." I speak clearly. "Okay but you never said we wasn't gonna be together Alex." She argues. It's like she doesn't hear herself. "Dahlilah, you said from the jump, you could never be with a 'cook'. In your exact words." I say in bewilderment.