𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤...

Start from the beginning

*End Of Flashbacks*

Breathing in deeply, I try not to think of such thoughts and instead focus on what we're trying to accomplish. "Thanks..." Silence makes itself comfortable as we all keep quiet for a while, that's until I decide to break the awkwardness with the discovery I found days ago. "I recently found this article by Park Ji-hyo talking about the hours before...your dad's death." I paused waiting for Chaeryeong's reaction because if she couldn't physically take it or even mentally I wasn't gonna have her go through this.

"Continue" She whispers, her eyes on the floor, completely blank. Her brows are furrowed in concentration, and when she utters the word, I do just as she asks. Gesturing at the large computer on Detective Kim's desk, he nods as I take it and open up a search engine. Typing in the letters, scrolling down, I find the article and click on it. "There. Maybe we can start there because it talks about something fairly suspicious." As I explain, Detective Kim reads the article his hand rubbing his chin in serious focus as well. "What's in the article?" Chaeryeong asks, turning her body towards me.

"It proves that your dad was indeed drunk as I had said during the time. There's a video of your dad in the CCTV of the cafe he was in. In the video, he orders a medium-sized latte as the journalist describes, except why would a latte be put into a to-go back if all he ordered was that."

"How would you know he's drunk?"Chaeryeong's eyes are slightly wide and a bit glassy, her fingers are clenched while she pokes her cheek with her tongue. "Did you hear what I said? Your father had something else in the bag, the worker who gave him the bag must be in on something with your dad, maybe?" I stress confused about why she keeps pressing on and reacting to her dad being drunk.

It's practically the least of our problems.

"The video clearly shows him unstably walking, and...right here when he sways in this angle, you can see a flask" Detective Kim turns his computer toward Chaeryeong as he pauses to the point in the video where you can see a silver flask held tightly in his hand. Playing the rest of the video, she's able to see the rest of her father's drunken behaviour but her reactions don't really match the scene she's seeing.

It's not like he's violently disturbing the customers, he's just drunk while ordering a latte.

It doesn't make sense.

Me and Detective Kim look at each other in confusion, "Chaeryeong is there something you wanna tell us?" The red-haired woman shakes her head in denial almost, she leans back before looking me right in the eyes and says.

"My dad doesn't drink alcohol."

Silence.

An intense shock because what!

"You must not have seen him drink it at all then, I mean you were just a teenager" Detective Kim states, crossing his arms because that's not really possible-" I interrupt Detective Kim "Do you mean he doesn't or he can't?" I ask because some people can't drink alcohol because of a disease or something. "No, my dad grew up in a toxic household, his uncle was an alcoholic. My dad despised alcohol, sometimes he'd get into arguments with my mom about it whenever she'd have some." Chaeryeong's voice doesn't crack or break, she looks eager to explain and it reassures something in me.

She's not the grieving little girl anymore.

"Tsk, I'm not sure-" Detective Kim starts, "I'm pretty sure I know my dad." Chaeryeong snaps as she narrows her eyes at the both of us. "Okay, okay, if he didn't drink alcohol then what might've caused him to drink it now?" I question, looking at Detective Kim, wondering if he has any conclusions.